OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How? Why? I get the rain man approach to eating, but McAllister's is terrible. At least that other place the soccer moms all like that pretends to be healthy while microwaving canned soup for you kind of bakes their own bread (I think). Go there.

I was genuinely hoping all McAllister's would all be out of business by the time I got back.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Your mileage varies greatly with Indian. Before we moved here, I think I had it once and really liked while on a business trip to Chicago. The other few times were okay to bad. There's a really good place close to work and church where we would go every month or so before COVID forced closure/takeout requirements. I could eat there 5-6 days a week and not get tired or bored with it at least for a long while.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't know if I've had Persian or not. I went with some coworkers to a place that advertised itself as Persian, but the menu seemed more Greek and German. I ordered something I had never heard of, but it came out being something like döner.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I could put my house on the market today and likely have an offer within 24 hours for six figures more than I bought it for 6 years ago. My in-laws have a full size apartment in their basement that we could move into if we sold our house and wait on all of this to correct itself a bit. They are probably in town <50% of the time, so we basically have the place to our self more often than not. My wife shot down the idea.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now that sounds like Turkish. Greek and German.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They have a club sandwich and a Caesar salad, and I don't think Panera has that.

Panera does everything they can to not have a club. All kinds of other club like sandwiches.

Jason's deli has two clubs, but their tea sucks.

I think that is all the deli chains I've eaten at.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I get if you want to move because of the space and not liking it, but I wouldn't make an emotional move over covid fears.

You have an IFR of 0.05% since you're under 70.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Nah, you just roll a dollar bill.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is an all of the above. we always planned on buying now, as part of a plan made 4 years ago. that's why we have the money.

I have no fear of dying of covid, but I don't want to be a vector for others.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

straws take years to go away, cocaine is readily metabolized.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i love indian food

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

persian food is very similar to greek. there are a ton of persian restaurants around here. can't say it's my favorite. Turkish and Greek are better.

warhammer likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My buddy from Queens' dad only spoke Greek, but had a little restaurant for many years. Went up there to visit and that man brought out more food. Octopus. Greek seasoned burger (i use cavenders which i believe is "Greek". Cant recall what else.
    I only like a couple cheeses, no feta or blue for sure, so havent really ever wanted Greek food as people [uck fay] it up with shit tasting olives

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was definitely like the döner kebap the Turks sell around here. It was presented a bit differently and nowhere near as spicy as I like it, but it was very similar.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That really makes little sense that they wouldn't have one.. I usually opt for the Mediterranean veggie sandwich and a Caesar when there. Maybe another salad, I don't recall.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just buy a house you can afford and don't second, third, or fourth guess your decision if the market is cheaper a year later. So many people get upset they "didn't get the best deal" that they can't enjoy anything in life. If you like a house and are ok with the price, nothing else matters.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My wife is like that in doing upgrades. "We won't get out what we are putting in". Woman, I ain't selling this house, I dont' care the 'value' we are adding, I want this deck put on so I can enjoy living here.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not really worried about that, but I do appreciate the wisdom in case it creeps in later.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Depending on his surroundings, sounds like either raw tuna or tomato soup.