OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Good onya.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I had a 4 week deal in Sydney. Bunch of Melbourne guys were on the team. They made me an Honorary Citizen of Oz.
    1. Because I picked up, understood and used their slang properly, and
    2. I hung with them pint for pint and closed every pub with them before the next work day morning.

I had a great time. I hauled my golf clubs down there in my Tennessee golf bag. I educated them on Neyland Stadium and Tennessee football.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

@IP wins the most troll-worthy new avi.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Well [uck fay] you too, Poppa.

Poppa T likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not personal. It's just business.

Poppa T, NorrisAlan and InVolNerable like this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

upload_2022-10-21_22-1-47.png

Poppa T and IP like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Lol.

For clarification, I meant "troll-worthy" in a good, Tennessee way. (Not in an Indy phallic way.)

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Meant to say this yesterday, but there isn't a dude on this board that hasn't married up. We all frequent this place, makes it near impossible to marry down

gcbvol and Poppa T like this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. My MiL thought her daughter had married down. 50 years later she "might" have changed her mind before she passed.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This is great

IP likes this.
  12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'm guessing he has figured out his optimum gummy dosage?

InVolNerable and Ssmiff like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Nothing like my mom and sister telling my 9 year old that if he died today he'd go to hell because he's not "saved" to send my normally super chill wife into a rage.

Do we have a religion thread? We need a religion thread.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We've had 'em. Too good at football for me to care anymore. 0427, I have accepted Heupel into my heart and I hope you do too. I'll be huddling for you.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

sounds like 1979 for me. I dreaded Sundays. Southern Baptist emotions and guilt. Awful feeling. I distinctly recall at some young age several times “if you have a wreck and die on ridgeway road in front of the church and you have not been baptized, you will burn for eternity”.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't mind it, but it pisses me off that they say that shit to my kid.

I did decide that I'm going to start sharing my opinions on christianity with my sister's kids. That will be fun.

17. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I don’t have kids and never will but:

Calmly explain to him that your mom and sister are expressing their opinions, that they are just two out of nearly eight billion people on earth with an opinion on religion, that billions of Muslims think he and almost everyone he knows is going to hell including his grandmother and aunt, that Hindus believe he might come back as a sea turtle, that the ancient Greeks believed in a more complex afterlife than a binary heaven/hell system, etc.

Give him your opinion too but ensure he knows the choice to believe whatever he wants or nothing at all is entirely up to him and that your love and support is unconditional in that regard. Lead by example with consistency and equanimity. Read him “If” by Rudyard Kipling.

Let your wife rip them a new asshole while your son’s not around.

18. Equine Ducklings

Good. Kids need to be exposed to all viewpoints.

19. Equine Ducklings

I accompanied the neighbors to church one day and heard from the pastor that he’d rather “scare you into heaven than lure you to hell.”

That got me thinking. How can one be “scared into heaven?” Fear isn’t equivalent to belief. I can be petrified of death and the possibility of hell but unless I can somehow believe that a man rose from the dead 2,000 years ago I’m toast. Pascal admitted this and his only answer was a shrug and a suggestion to spend all your time around pious people in the hope you might somehow pick up true belief.

20. Equine Ducklings

The only useful thing I learned in church was that it’s important to clean your tongue. I’ve forgotten the context 20 years later but I’ll thank my old pastor for that nugget.

NorrisAlan likes this.