Pastor Advises Punching Toddlers to Keep Them From Becoming Gay

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, May 2, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think it's a very, very apt comparison. He's saying you should punch your kids to keep them from "turning gay." That's just as [uck fay]ing stupid as the example I cited. If that's indeed the stance of "mainline evangelicals", that's sad mainly because it shows ignorance. They seem to miss the fundamental difference between a religious ceremony and legal marriage. If they don't want gays to get married in their church, that's their prerogative. I don't see how it's any of their business the legal status of two people not associated with their church.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No, mainline evangelicals don't thing you should beat you kid to keep him from turning gay. I'm pretty sure most everybody will admit that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do they think should be done to "keep their children from becoming gay?"

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Put hot sauce on any penis they attempt to suck?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That is a question I do not know the answer to on a denomination or belief-wide basis. I don't know if it has ever been discussed.

I have my own thoughts and opinions from things I have noticed with people I know from growing up that are gay and my, wait for it, gay friends, but it's too long and complex for a message board. And my thoughts aren't necessarily "how to keep them from becoming gay" either, just observations.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Is it bad that the first thing I thought to say was a quasi-racist joke about black people?

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Wouldn't think so.

Besides, the hot sauce thingy is a proven method in keeping people, especially children, from sucking on things. That's how we broke my daughters from sucking on their pacifiers.