Pete Rose

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 23, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't give a shit what anyone says. Pete Rose should be in the HoF.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I feel the Hall should acknowledge people that were important to the game, be it for a stellar career, milestones, accomplishment, etc. Rose has gone about things wrong from the beginning, but I don't think it should matter.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Are you seriously questioning this?

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you know the rules and intentionally laugh at them and act as if they don't apply to you, life will usually treat you as it should. Also, ask Frank Williams and Rob Murphy how Rose betting on his own team was no bad thing. He ruined both of their careers running them out there every other night trying to hit his plays.

5. JayVols

It will.

I still think he should be in.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can see both sides on it. On one hand his career is undoubtedly worthy, but i still feel like betting on the sport you're participating in crosses a different line than just being a piece of crap or even juicing. And he's been a complete shithead about it ever since. honestly if you tried to pin me down for an opinion i'm not sure i'd give the same one every time.

7. JayVols

Really? Juicing has a direct impact on the game. Throwing a game because you bet to lose impacts the game.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

there's no argument that juicing really pumped a lot of guys' numbers. i just feel like they still had to go out there and hit the ball.

9. JayVols

Lots of guys hit the ball. Not many can hit it a long way consistently.

Look at how it effected pitchers too.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

it's just my opinion. in my mind it crosses a different line.

11. JayVols

I really can't understand how that's worse that actually altering performance.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

they still have to go out there and perform. guys juiced and struck out. guys juiced and never got past AA. there's just something nefarious to me about a guy betting on the sport and being in position to shape it to his advantage.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm not trying to defend or justify juicing, it just rubs me a different way, that's all

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Hall of Fame should enshrine those who advanced the game of baseball, and built upon its legacy.

Not those who willfully and selfishly acted to destroy it.

Using your logic, the JFK library should dedicate an entire wing to Lee Harvey Oswald.

15. Tenacious D

You should care what the players in the Hall think. Because they'd just as soon burn it down as to let Rose in.

So, keep waiting.

16. Tenacious D

For as great of an ill as juicing is, its a finite problem that only directly affects a single player in a certain period of time.

Betting in baseball threatens the very existence of the game, itself, by destroying its integrity.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

JFK should have an entire wing for his mistresses.

18. JayVols

I don't expect it.

19. JayVols

And juicing doesn't make some of the most sacred records irrelevant? It effects every player to ever play the game. Tell Hank Aaron that juicing only effects the player juicing.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm trying to get a droski rant going