Peyton Gets the TD Record

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

1. That is debatable, but yes, he is easily near the bottom of the list of QBs to play in a SB. Some of those won. Some lost.
    2. He played very poorly against Pittsburgh in '05. Outside of that I don't know what you're referring to.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I didn't realize Brady was playing FS on the defense that held the greatest show on turf to an astounding 17 points. Brady had one touchdown drive in that game.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't think any of this is true. Your Packers being exhibit A of the competitiveness in the league.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He didn't beat the greatest show on turf. The Patriots did.

If you get sucked into an argument about "which QB wins games" you've already lost.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

by competitiveness you seem to mean parity. parity should make it easier for a great qb to win, not harder.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't quite buy the theory that brady is worse because he lost to two very good giants teams just because they happened to be wild card teams. both of them have lost to teams everyone thought they should beat. brady has just won more of those games than peyton has.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Parity is a cute buzzword but it doesn't defend how your Packers are a prime example to the League's competitiveness. Just because teams are attempting to play like the 2010 Packers does not make them the 2010 Packers.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not following you.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You aren't following how the Packers could remain virtually unchanged since a dominant 2010 SB run yet not reach the NFC Championship since be an example of the league's competitiveness?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I probably agree with you but I am having a tough time following you, Huffman. Give us a thesis statement.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

On which part? My statement that the NFL is more competitive now than it was when the Patriots were a machine?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

do you forget that the patriots also went 15-1 and lost? the bears in 1986 went 14-2 and lost in the divisional round. And the packers in 2010 were a wild card team as well. so I'm not sure why that is a dominant run and the giants doing the exact same thing the next year was a sign of anything other than parity. and parity, to me, means that it doesn't take a lot for a bad team to be good enough to win the super bowl which should make it easier for a great qb to win a super bowl. back in the 80s you needed 4 or 5 hall of famers to do it. not so much anymore.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd argue that parity came along when the salary cap came along in 1994.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Parity has definitely been the rule once free-agency got into full swing and the great Cowboy and Niner teams were finally broken up.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Patriots have never gone 15-1 in their team history. They did go 1-15 in 1990 though.

17. volinbham

volinbham Member

Peyton stinking it up yet again; 3 TD's no INT's early in the 3rd quarter.

18. volinbham

volinbham Member

But if the Patriots with Tom Brady don't do it doesn't that tell you it's more than QB play?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is there a sixth MVP in the works?

Through seven games:
    174/252 (69.0%) 2134 yards 304.9 y/g 8.5 y/a (3 300+ yard games) 22 TD 3 INT

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Nah he sucks, remember?