Planned Parenthood to sue group behind fetal tissue videos

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 14, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I was raised in a Church where the woman was expected to be subservient to their man and anti-abortion was just another exercise of their control over their woman.

"I git my seed in you then you by Got dam are gunna have that baby. You're mine"

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I Agree.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It's only debateable to people who refuse to acknowledge that a fetus is a human being. It's how those who see no problem with abortion rationalize it. There is no bridging that gap either and it's the reason there will be no end to this discussion. Like several other issues, either you are on one side or the other. Not much in the way of middle ground whatsoever...

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Terminating a pregnancy isn't the same as terminating life. And pregnancy is more than an inconvenience

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, there was not a second person.

6. Savage Orange

So, she got knocked up all by herself? Again, you believe a fetus doesn't qualify as a human life, I do. We're never going to agree so if the 8th is still around 50 years from now (provided I live to 100) we'll still be going round and round.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Early termination is fine but I think there's a point in the pregnancy that it does cross the threshold.

I'm personally against abortion and as long as it is subsidized by tax payers, I'm of the mind leave it up to the woman and her doctor.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is truly a being, why can it not continue to exist on it's own?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depositing sperm in someone does not give you a claim on their body.

10. Savage Orange

Why does that matter? Once born, a full term baby can't feed itself, should it just be allowed to die?

11. Savage Orange

It damn sure gives th mother a claim on your wallet. I realize that's almost a point in your favor but if you make a child with someone there are moral as well as legal ramifications. You most certainly have a "claim" on the body growing inside the body you deposited sperm into.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have no problem with - It is her body it is her choice. If she does not have an abortion by X (i.e. the time that the fetus is viable outside the body) then she has in fact made the choice not to have an abortion.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Someone else can step in and feed it. No-one else can step in and carry that fetus.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

These positions only represent your opinion.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not even close to the same. I can lay a baby down to nap for a couple of hours. That won't work with a fetus.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a two-way street, at best. At worst, I am willing and able to justify those opinions base on cognition and the biological definition of an organism.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

But I don't think a child is made until a child is born.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So does viability matter, or just the act of being born?

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Not with that attitude.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I admit I am not sure about that exact boundary. Viability is at an increasingly artificial juncture. For me personally, it is when the brain begins to work towards cognition. That doesn't happen while it is in the uterus, it happens when it is removed from it.