POLITICS Polls

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 18, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Attached Files:

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I like it, but there is a lot of time between now and Election Day. Was there any data on a state by state basis?

3. fl0at_

It's a tie in North Carolina, and ties go to the home team.

So as of now, Trump is winning North Carolina.

4. fl0at_

Trump has bumped.

As of now, not as clear a majority, and if the error breaks as did last time, Trump wins re-election if voting now.

Attached Files:

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Poppa...I really do appreciate your takes, even though different than my own.

Are you suggesting that Trump ran for POTUS as a money-making scheme? If that’s what you’re alleging, just say that, so that I can just laugh and save us both a ton of time.

What other intellectual properties (eg phrases, likenesses, etc.) have other candidates also secured, and well before running? The answer is: almost all of them, and certainly every national candidate.

And why secure it so early? So as to secure it. You file that shit as soon as you’ve decided on it...and before anyone else can do so. In fact, you’ve already checked the clean availability of even the final 5-10 possible options, because if they cannot be cleanly and outright obtained, they immediately cease to be further considered as options.

And once secured, why would Trump send cease and desist letters to other candidates - if not to protect his burgeoning monopoly on hat sales, as you suggest? To protect his intellectual property, that’s why. Because if you become aware that someone is infringing on your intellectual property and fail to act on it, you can lose your exclusive rights to it. It’s exactly why you hear stories of the NFL sending C&D letters to churches and Boy Scout Troops who are found to be advertising a “Super Bowl Party” or Disney sends them to hospitals and daycares when they paint Mickey on the walls.

This place is full of lawyers - ask any of them, and believe whatever they tell you.

And if you honestly think that it’s Trump who singlehandedly gets people to stand in line for two days before his rallies of tens of thousands of people, and who can control and defeat his opponents with mere catchphrases and nicknames, alone, I’m not at all sure why you have elsewhere continued to hold out some flailing hope that he’s going to lose in 2020.

6. fl0at_

Lot more "undecided" when poll'd by NBC than Emerson.

Attached Files:

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I still think any polling is just a guideline, at this point, and will change over the course of the next year to year and a half, but the numbers for Warren and Harris are interesting, to me. I thought they would be both relatively the same.

8. fl0at_

Fox News has some weird polling methodologies.

Attached Files:

9. fl0at_

Attached Files:

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's over

11. fl0at_

Attached Files:

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Reminds me of Vols vs Canes 2003. Canes were winning that game

13. fl0at_

I'm interested to see the final two minutes. Is the lead gonna hold, or is the other team gonna run off three touchdowns back to back to back.

kmf600 likes this.
  14. fl0at_

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. fl0at_

Fewer majorities (1) means this is tightening up. Which helps Trump.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

what do you mean fewer majorities?

edit: oh I get it

17. fl0at_

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. fl0at_

I am naming Warren "Hilary Left," if there are no objections.

VolDad likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Rasmussen and Emerson are two of the right wing polls, as Quinnipiac is a lefty one. Expect those guys to come out with one putting Biden up 10 soon.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

polling methodologies that offset land-line only polling against young people not actually voting. and it ends up working.