Pounder Makes New Friends

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by pounder, Nov 8, 2012.

1. pounder

pounder Member

At what point do you admit you were wrong about Gruden? Pretty ballsy as the moderator of a site to come out and say hes been hired.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This will end well...

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Not speaking for Tenny, but I guess he could say that his hunch didn't pan out if someone other than Gruden is coaching UT next year.

When will you admit that you're a troll?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Lots of internet tough guys around these days.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Welcome to the site.
    2. When I'm proven wrong.
    3. Have you read most moderators posts? What struck you as their being particularly ballsy, myself included?
    4. You're welcome to disbelieve anything I say, as it causes me no offense. Skepticism is healthy.

Again, welcome to the site!

6. pounder

pounder Member

Are you still convinced Gruden will be our next coach? I hope you are right but its sounding to me like you are going to need a shoe horn to get your foot out of your mouth.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not sure how to take this.

Are you complimenting TD or chastising him?

8. cotton

NM, now I see. You are trying to deride him while still leaving open the possibility that he is right.

That is not very ballsy.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If gruden doesn't get hired I guarantee you the gloves will be off by our "friend" pounder.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Shoehorns are used to help insertion. Not extraction.

11. Tenacious D

I'm confused.

Why seek the opinion of someone whom you already believe to be unreliable?

Maybe it's best if you just chalk all of this talk up to rumor, dismiss it, and focus on something else, instead?

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Classic

13. Tenacious D

Leave his mother out of this.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I can understand why people who took the first post in this thread as gospel would be a little let down. While I am not sure I would have done differently if I had the information Tenacious D had and I completely understand why he drew the conclusion he did, the fact is that some key hurdles had not been cleared when he made his post. Those hurdles --apparently-- have still not been cleared. Can't blame UT fans for a little backlash, IMO, though you will hear none, besides the minor criticism of this post, from me.

15. pounder

pounder Member

I hope like hell he is right. Whats his confidence level? I have lost all hope after Obama was re-elected. Nothing left to live for if Dooley is retained.

16. Tenacious D

It's his seeking some recent justification / support / assurance for what I previously posted, in hopes that it's true, and literally took the least effective path toward obtaining it.

I stopped feeling compelled to respond to "double-dog dares" some time ago.

17. cotton

Yes. Setting up the "haha you were wrong and I almost called it" attack.

Probably should have waited until later in the game, though, as in after a decision has been made. I'm predicting 3 more posts of feigned indignation, a disappearance, and a reappearance with a different SN within 3 weeks.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's the spirit.

19. cotton

There are lots of things to live for. Good bourbon; Golden Oreos; Game of Thrones season 3.

20. Tenacious D

You know, you could've just started off with that.

I may be right or wrong (I'm not), but I've been diligent in answering anything I could, or knew, and from anyone who asked me - at least if I could do so without violating any confidences.

It's hard to wait and to hope its true, but patience is required.