POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pelosi and other dems want impeachment to say they did what they set out to do 4 years ago. Its an ego and power deal. Nothing more. Thats all politicians are driven by in the first place

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No matter their motives, I think it is the right thing to do. If only we could get a conviction in the Senate to go along with it.

3. Ssmiff

I dont agree. Been time to move on. Punish those who stormed the building to the fullest and move forward.
    Who do you want convicted and for what? If a crime was committed, sure convict whoever. No problem with that

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

With the way that corporate money is drying up, I wouldn’t rule it out, yet.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, everything I’ve read has suggested that a lot of Senators have stayed quiet on how they’ll vote, including Mitch. If Mitch is a “yes” Trump’s toast. And honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m not sure how much Republicans truly stand to lose, at that point, by voting him out.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just ready for him to go away. In chains, or a private jet to wherever he goes to play golf and whore. Just go away.

SetVol13, justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

they stand to gain, by rebranding themselves as totally reasonable and principled, and shrug off 4 years of hypocrisy just in time to chide the new administration. it is the machiavellian move. Have your Trump and eat him too.

VolDad likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

There is hypocrisy on both sides IP. Until both sides are able to see things for what they are, the battles will continue. Politicians are shit people. Liars, manipulators, power hungry people and hypocrisy is rampant. I get why Trump isnt liked. I dont get why lifelong millionairre politicians are given a pass.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Absolutely, but they have to weigh the benefits of that approach with the potential negatives of further alienating his base.

A lot of people voted for Trump because he wasn't part of the "establishment." To them, this whole thing is going to look like the establishment reinforcing its power. Can't see that sitting well with a lot of people, and the Republicans could suffer for it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think he was using "hypocrisy" in that post to show how he felt Republicans could try to frame the situation as they turn on Trump... not necessarily stating his own views (though we know where he stands on Trump).

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As I understand, Pelosi can wait to send it to the Senate when they have the majority.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

she can, but scuttlebutt is that McConnell is open to it, depending on the articles.

13. NorrisAlan

But the need for 2/3 to actually convict makes it doubtful.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Indy, what number needs to be for you to think it should be done?

More members of his own party will vote to impeach and convict than at any other point in history.

And again, whether he is convicted is immaterial.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I use them to latch things down. In a manner that allows me to zip it, rather than tie it.

The annoying thing is that I know I have hundreds, but I can never find them.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

got schooled in the comments. And those were not even regular zipties, anyway.

18. NorrisAlan

You can tell when someone has lived a life where they never had to do anything themselves.

SetVol13, justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Velcro straps are superior to zip ties for my use cases. Probably not as helpful when kidnapping people though.

20. NorrisAlan

that is the real issue, those were not zip-ties, they were hand-cuffs.