POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Amazon took down Parlor from its hosting service, doing more to "censor" (to use your word) than Twitter, and they're up. So it's clearly not "censoring."

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So why did twitter lose 5 billion in value?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They realized Jeremy Pruitt was on it

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Amazon serves multiple functions. If their hosting service was their only function, or even what they were most known for, I assume you'd see a similar drop. But it's not.

Speech is literally what Twitter does. It's a way for people to communicate. Thus, the drop.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because people that owned shares in it feared that people would stop using it, or, more likely, figured some people would be afraid people would stop using and and would dump their stock, so dumped their stock. And then promptly bought it back again the next day when there was a huge rebound.

Has no bearing on how many people are still using it, of course. Stock prices don't always reflect how a company is doing. Look at Tesla for the opposite side of the coin.

NOTE: As always, I know nothing about economics and everything I just said could be worth less than the electrons that are used to push it to your computer.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or the stock relates to perceived legal exposure on being part of how insurrection against the US government was planned and coordinated. The recent drop isn't even as large as the one experienced right before the election, which it completely recovered from by the middle of December. Maybe y'all have an agenda.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Could be a lot of profit taking on twitter as well. Stock had a nice run.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. fl0at_

Right, so clearly not "censoring." Because if it was "censoring" Amazon would also be down.

It's "censoring" and "what else can you do for me" with "what else can you do for me" being higher than "censor." Ie: "not censoring"

9. fl0at_

You say "value" as if Twitter has value. It's a tech company that posts people's thoughts on its website. Its "value" isn't in its platform, but its ability to market information. And that isn't going to change. People sold it because people sell stocks all the time, without actually knowing anything, and thinking it is "value."

10. Ssmiff

I mention twitter loses 5 billion, which happens to come on the heels of banning/censoring the POTUS, including his tweets asking for peace and you talk about agendas.
    Dont ever point the finger at others and say they have an agenda, when you live a life based off one, schmuck

11. fl0at_

Back Twitter's stock off and look at the last couple years. It's pretty volatile. It's got a total up trajectory, but it's had a lot of steep dips in that time.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

you have an agenda. I am pointing my finger at my phone, at your avatar. Now what?

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

McConnell won't take up the Senate trial until after Jan 19

14. fl0at_

Which means McConnell won't take up the Senate trial, as on the 20th, he isn't leader.

15. Ssmiff

All fair responses to my question. Odd timing to say the least and i dont think too many Americans like the idea of the selective censoring/banning being done on social media right now. Its as if they only want one voice heard, which will build more division.

16. fl0at_

I don't believe Twitter has a problem with two voices. I think they have a problem with the lies and half truths.

I wouldn't buy twitter stock. Regardless. But their money is still in selling your information. Which doesn't change.

17. Ssmiff

Your attitude and hypocrisy is as big of a problem as trump and his extreme followers, so bite a curb for all i care. For wanting everybody to know how smart you are, you are one oblivious mother[uck fay]er

18. NorrisAlan

Yep. They banned a bunch of people in 2018 associated with some leftist #occupy movement.

What Twitter doesn't want is people using their platform to endanger Twitter's bottom line. Full stop. Their agenda is m-o-n-e-y.

19. fl0at_

I don't know. Jack Dorsey seems to give a pretty good bit of money away, compared to many others. I think he's a believer in his tech. Now whether he is allowed to remain as CEO, that'll really gauge the effectiveness of the market on the company.

20. NorrisAlan

Looks like this person deleted the zip-tie tweet.