POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Yeah because it happens every [uck fay]ing day. Are you living under a rock? Who and where are these people?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can’t say I’ve drifted left at all but I don’t really disagree about the Republican Party, but I’ll say from where I sit there’s a lot of insanity coming from all directions

justingroves likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Judas Priest. Talk about agenda and bias. Yeah all my republican friends love it when black people are shot. They throw parties you read about on whatever pos website you get your information from

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It would be hard to see it if I was under a rock. They're on this board, other social media, the internet in general, around town, etc. They're not hard to find and are usually more than willing to tell you how police escalation to completely unnecessary and lethal force could have been avoided if the person simply did everything the officer told them. Since they didn't, the outcome of murder, while not ideal, isn't the fault of the police officer.

The Dooz and IP like this.
  5. Ssmiff

So it can’t be avoided by not fleeing and fighting and obeying instead?
    I don’t believe many people in US support shooting unarmed people, but most parents with common sense will teach their kids they put their lives at risk if they fight, flee or don’t obey, which is different than justifying. Every action has a reaction. Peoples actions can dictate the reaction.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only reason he hasn't sunk is politics

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Once you see it you can't unsee it. Right of center is Manchin, a D.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The reaction to an unarmed person fighting, fleeing or disobeying shouldn’t be killing them.

utvol0427, NorrisAlan and SetVol13 like this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve got to say, the about face from the “if you don’t want to get in trouble/raided/detained/arrested, don’t break the law/rules” crowd on this Trump thing is quite incredible.

I’m surprised they haven’t broken all their necks.

10. Ssmiff

Didnt say it should. But when one makes the decision to do it, the door is open to an untrained, panicky, scared or hateful person to make a choice they wouldn’t have had to make.
    If you get pulled over and decide to make them chase you, you know right then there is a chance things end much worse than pulling over with hands on 10 and 2 and license in hand.

11. Ssmiff

And I haven’t said anything about the raid on trump. I actually don’t care, although I would like to know what they found

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We are talking about the police, who are trained.

Nobody in law enforcement is untrained.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you just hate everyone that doesn't always bash Trump?

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He's a Democrat, not sure why he is afraid to admit it if they are such a superior party.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think politics have sped up his slide. It's put him in a light he probably should have avoided.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I the current climate I absolutely will be voting D in the midterm and most likely presidential unless the party manages to not nominate a power hungry maniac who demonstrates rational thought. It's a tall ask, probably way too much to hope for. My positions haven't changed a ton, but I miss the Romneys and McCain's. People who cared about moving the country forward and believing compromise isn't a 4 letter word. Now we just have people tripping over their [Richards] to own the libs. Well it's not something I have any desire to support. It's sad that believing to live and let live, with a responsible government held accountable to the rule of law makes me the enemy to you and yours. But its where we are I guess.

If you truly fear the weaponization of political institutions than I have to assume you hate DeSantis who has currently weaponized his office to amass power to personally attack and punish any perceived slights.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't call it good training

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't fear the weaponizing of the DOJ. I think that is just political theater. I still hope and believe they are just doing their jobs.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Here's the thing. We don't need every day of a police officer's life to be his best day. We just need an officer to not decide that pulling a trigger is less of a hassle than a 50 yard dash.

20. Ssmiff

Training isn’t real life. We talkin bout practice. Not a game