POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It is, but if you want to discount that, you have your content creators like Beck and Carlson. Pretend if you want, but the GOP core is getting fed just as much rhetoric about the sky falling if Biden is reelected as the Democrats are about Trump. It's not like Dems or GOPers are seeking out news they don't agree with these days either.

emainvol likes this.
  2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Before we even get to shit that matters….Joe Biden is not held accountable for lying all the time about the most trivial shit, many of the lies being 5-40 years old that he just constantly repeats. He’s done it his entire career.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Maybe not “no criticism”, but 1/100th the criticism he’s due for sure.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If we held them accountable for lying, there wouldn't be any left.

justingroves likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's probably about to win the CO ballot thing 8-1 or 9-0 and oh the takes we're gonna get! Oh the takes!

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I thought the Colorado SG did a pretty good job pleading her case outside a few times she got tripped up and looked a bit off. I just don't think its enough to get any better than a 7-2 vote and most likely a 9-0 vote. If he gets convicted of insurrection by the court then I think this ruling changes (at least that is the way I see it).

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea, just really tough to convince the US Supreme Court that CO law takes precedent over US federal law as to who can be on a Presidential ballot. She better had brought some Cochran-esque lawyering magic or something

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

She made about as good of a case as she could but that won't be enough.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

CONWAY, S.C. — Former president Donald Trump ramped up his attacks on NATO on Saturday, claiming he suggested to a foreign leader that he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to member countries he views as not spending enough on their own defense.

“One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, ‘Well, sir, if we don’t pay and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us?,’” Trump said during a rally at Coastal Carolina University. “I said, ‘You didn’t pay. You’re delinquent.’ He said, ‘Yes, let’s say that happened.’ No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.”

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know how people can support this kind of policy.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If you don't pay your utility bill does it stay on?

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Trump is a complete fool with the stuff he says.
    But if nato wants protection countries need to pay for it. That’s kindof the agreement.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

NATO wants the upside without any of the cost, besides the Americans footing the bill.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This isn't a service they're paying us like we're some slumlord boss, it's a general agreement to spend 2% of the country's GDP on defense. They're not to pay a "bill" and we aren't doing collecting. All countries are currently shelling out money for defense. 10 out of 30 are at the 2% threshold, but that's rising (Poland is actually higher than us). In 2017, the number of countries was four. A number of those countries are nearing the mark. All members are hitting the mark on spending for equipment. The way he's framing it is stupid.

Worse, he's a geo-political idiot who's inviting Russia to "do what they want" because of the countries who aren't meeting the threshold. Reckless and dumb, which is where the criticism deservedly is originating.

VolDad likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah, article/graph I saw said 11 were at or above the 2%. A few were just below the mark.

The % of all showed good jumps. Rather invite Russia to invade, take the win for the increase.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, it's such a disingenuous way to frame the discussion, "They aren't paying!". Are we going to refuse assistance because Bulgaria is at 1.84% rather than 2%?

Hell, the target date isn't even until next year. What the [uck fay] is he even going on about?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Biden not speaking with Putin in 2+ years makes no sense to me. I want our President to meet with every last one of them, when he says so.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are at a cognitive dissonance crossroads here. Either Putin is a liar not to be trusted, or Biden is his preference. It is one or the other.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fani Willis looking pretty bad today