POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

There was a lot of objections that would detour what was going on so at times things got derailed. I think they are going to circle back to some things but they might have missed some good opportunities today.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Attorneys can say anything in a filing, at some point they must provide proof. What evidence did they present today that she should be disqualified.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They are building their case and all they need to do is convince the judge. It's been done to her before so this is a pattern of her making bad decisions.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would slightly change the phrasing to remove the word "possibly". It could be claimed that she is possibly a lot of things. The evidence should be stronger than "possibly".

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Are you available to represent me - signed Donald Trump

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It doesn't have to be in this matter. They are presenting evidence to come to a conclusion. Done a lot.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I always bury a new coffee can replacing the cash that I dug up from the old one.

I probably should have written down the coffee brand of the cans. Just in case IP comes after me.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I was surprised that the Judge did not require more decorum.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

She seems smart

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Her father testified today. He said that keeping and paying in cash is a "Black" thing. He relayed a story about a time the family ate at a restaurant in Boston when Fani was a child. The restaurant refused to take his credit cards or travelers checks and demanded cash.

He testified that he keeps and taught Fani to always keep 6 month worth of cash. He said that he purchased her first lock box for her.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s not a black thing. It’s an I don’t want a paper trail thing.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Closed case. Zero chance he was coached to say that.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's convenient how that works

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So how does any of this affect the election interference? If this was grand theft auto, would the thief just walk away after attempting to jack a car if he was lucky enough to have a prosecutor who did something bad unrelated?

15. Ssmiff

As a teen with my dad as he offered cash for car. Got it for a lot less. I asked him why the guy would take less and he said he can claim he was paid $100 for the car, pocket the rest and claim a loss. It’s a white thing, I guess.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He might want to not have a paper trail, but, in my experience and discussing this with folks, it very much is a black thing. In fact, in my Personal Finance classes I have been suckered into teaching, this very issue has been discussed and I've advocated for a lot of kids in my class to use the banking system.

IP likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It doesn't affect the case really other than the character of the DA bringing the case (whether she is fit to handle the case). The case itself is not going away.

18. Ssmiff

I hear you but around 5% of the population are unbanked. Many whites in that 5. Every poor area is riddled with people whose bank is in their pocket and checks cashed at the convenience store.
    I’m assuming most of those don’t have the paperwork and minimum to deposit, and/or they grew up in homes that didn’t do banks. People in their positions (politics) with wads of untraceable cash have it for a reason and it’s not their distrust of the banking system

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fortunately for Trump his team of crackerjack lawyers presented evidence to the contrary and impeached him as a witness. Oh wait... No they didn't.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Like a magician, "Don't look at this, Look over here"