POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may be right, if all there is, is what's already in the public domain.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Article 1
    RESOLVED, That Richard M. Nixon, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanours, and that the following articles of impeachment to be exhibited to the Senate:....

"On June 17, 1972, and prior thereto, agents of the Committee for the Re-election of the President committed unlawful entry of the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee in Washington, District of Columbia, for the purpose of securing political intelligence. Subsequent thereto, Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities.

The means used to implement this course of conduct or plan included one or more of the following:

4. .....interfering or endeavouring to interfere with the conduct of investigations by the Department of Justice of the United States, the Federal Bureau of Investigation.... and Congressional Committees;....

8. ....making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States
    into believing that a thorough and complete investigation had been conducted with respect to allegations of misconduct on the part of personnel of the executive branch of the United States and personnel of the Committee for the Re-election of the President, and that there was no involvement of such personnel in such misconduct....

http://watergate.info/impeachment/articles-of-impeachment

Unimane likes this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Not to subvert the fair election.

I do believe they wanted info the Russians had. Meetings were held. Then stories changed to cover up.

I also believe Manafort was used by Russians to place certain people they had some level of influence on into the campaign to try to paint a more favorable policy picture for them. They could do this with Trump because he was left adrift by the establishment and the typical players that would be involved in setting foreign policy.

I do not think any of these acts would or could lead to a successful impeachment. The cover-up could possibly warrant an impeachment if it exists. Depending on what exactly was covered up - if it happened - I might want that impeachment to be successful.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Here you go....

[video]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

With all the things Comey did in the months before his firing I don't know how anyone can claim a case cannot be made for his termination.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure, but that's what makes trump outright saying it was because of the russia investigation so... trump.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

...or me either, but...

I think this is a pretty fair look at it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/blog...tutionally-immune-obstruction-justice-charge/

Comey's firing alone probably wouldn't result in an obstruction case, but there's more to consider than just that. Some would say there's a consistent pattern to obstruct- orchestrated false public statements, changing justifications for firings, public attacks on those responsible for investigating Trump, asking to "let.. [things & people] go", coordinating with Nunes' staffers, etc. (I just hope he keeps tweeting his ass off.) Others would say no way. No big surprise there. We all will know at some point and probably in the not too distant future.

Trying to be as fair as possible here: Anyone who thinks the charges brought thus far are the sum total of the investigation with nothing else to come out are whistling past the graveyard. With the exception of NASCAR, nobody starts off with their biggest most explosive stuff first. What I think and $1.50 will get you a bottle of Coke where I work, but I think that Mueller has only poured the foundation concrete and is now attempting to lay the block. There's a lot more house left to build.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I think there are mountains of stuff uncovered that don't relate to trump but are criminal.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Except he didn't say it.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He got caught red-handed. It was clear he did something illegal and then illegally covered it up. There are worlds of difference between the two circumstances.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

"And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won. "

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just noticed you saying it would be done if not for him being President. However, Hillary got caught red-handed destroying evidence to cover up her illegal activity and nothing was done. Obstruction of justice wasn't even mentioned.

I get that she is borderline American royalty, so perhaps you'd like to expand your statement, but you said this is unprecedented and he's only skating because of being President.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Regardless, mueller allegedly has an early draft memo of why comey was fired. Don't know what it says, but it may make the interview moot

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I get what he means there and I've read the before and after for context and I don't think your interpretation is incorrect. However, it's sufficiently vague where even that statement doesn't definitively mean what you're saying it means. He sort of says it's a reason he fired him, but doesn't even directly say that, so he could wiggle around and talk his way out of that, if necessary.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You bought a narrative. https://www.google.com/amp/www.wash...mails-after-getting-a-subpoena-from-congress/

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"On March 4, 2015, the Benghazi Committee issued a subpoena requiring Clinton to turn over her emails relating to Libya. Three weeks later, between March 25 and March 31, the employee had an “oh s—” moment and realized he did not delete the emails that Mills requested in December 2014, he told the FBI. The employee then deleted the emails and used a program called BleachBit to delete the files."

Hilarious. Great, she managed to wiggle out of it. Donald will do the same.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

All I know is that the President is gutting the State Department and I cannot figure out why.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did they relate to gov business? Do you think the "oh shit" bit is factual or editorial in nature?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Russia likes it

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is a stretch.