POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We will know more after the midterms.

I don't think the country is letting him get away with it, personally. I believe most Americans see through him and the pathological liar that he is.

I do believe that the economy doing as well as it is clouds peoples ideals.

2. NorrisAlan

The most sinister thing about Trump is his belief in this systemic monster out to get him. Multiple different judges all upheld the request to monitor Page. So they are ALL in on it and corrupt.

That is how our POTUS' mind works. He is a conspiracy guy and sees them everywhere. If it goes good, it is his greatness that caused it. If it goes bad, it is some outside Agency conspiring against him.

JayVols likes this.
  3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I applaud your optimism and hope you are right. We have devolved into a selfish, tribal country. While some see through him, they just don't care. The mental gymnastics some use to justify his actions is very disconcerting.

JayVols likes this.
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think that the same could be said of many on the left.

He beat Hillary because he colluded with Russia; not because she was a bad candidate.

He placated in front of Putin because Putin has dirt on him; not because he thinks admitting any Russian involvement diminishes his victory.

5. NorrisAlan

I agree. Some real crackpots on the House simply by the volume of people in the House.

I do think that there is a LOT of smoke around the Russian thing, however.

And when he refuses to tell anyone what he and Putin talked about, it opens him up to these kinds of questions.

JayVols likes this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep, tribal BS abounds on all side.

I agree with you that some of it is ego-driven re: his perceived diminishment he thinks it brings. I'm also of the opinion he placated in front of Putin because he wants to further his business ventures in Russia. His fondness for authoritarian rulers (Turkey, Phillipines, etc.) is driven by his Trump business. It is easier to "negotiate" with (pay off) a country's mob boss.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don’t think the middle argument is made by many at all.

Your last point is right. I saw a lot of folks jumping there immediately rather than going with the obvious.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump’s approval rating edged higher during a week in which he faced withering criticism following a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, signaling that he is positioned to weather the latest controversy sparked by his unusual brand of politics.

Mr. Trump’s job approval rating rose to 45% in a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, the highest mark of his presidency and up 1 percentage point from June.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald...igher-buoyed-by-republican-support-1532293201

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s wild. And sad.

10. NorrisAlan

Maybe he could shoot someone and get hire ratings like he claimed.

I am living in bizarro world and I don't like it.

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Imagine how high his approval rating would be if he had the same treatment from the media as the previous President.

12. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

The resistance is definitely on another planet.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Would the media coverage somehow alter the words that he says? Every single day?

JayVols likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

Exactly. It isn't like he is relying on the media to get his message. He gives it out directly to the masses via social media.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16. cpninja

cpninja Member

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

*you're

Plus, all caps mean it's serious.

JayVols and justingroves like this.
  18. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oops. That's what happens when you try to read three things at once.

This tweet does seem particularly unhinged, though, even for him.

20. NorrisAlan

Uh...

Edit: don't know why I continue to be surprised by this stuff.

Also, on a funny note, people reporting his tweet to Twitter because he is threatening violence is kind of funny.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    TennTradition and justingroves like this.