POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don’t understand the desire to see the investigation wrapped up as soon as possible. Take your time and get all the facts you need.

I’d kind of like to see it end before the midterms because I think Trump will shut it down afterwards and declare that he’s “finished it.”

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I tend to agree. But the damn people, some of which post here, wanting the POTUS impeached and or locked up is much worse.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It is wearing on people. I would just like to see it over already. Then we can all move on to more pressing issues like how we are going to skull [uck fay] West Virginia.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's wearing on people because the media and Trump are talking the same points over and over again. Mueller and his people say nothing, just work on the case.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I want the wealthy and people in power to begin to be held accountable for wrongdoing much more often than they are in this country. Up to and including the President, and any on either side that use their power for

1) personal gain
    2) to choose winners and losers based on their relationships or vendettas
    3) in any way that hinders the ability of the people, particularly the less advantages classes, to live the American dream.
    4) aid those that would see our country or its status in the world weakened.

This isn't sore losing to me, it's watching corruption being rooted out in real time. We have already seen Collins, Hunter, Manafort, Cohen, and others go down. If the President was involved in anything that meets that criteria, then he should go down as well.

Same goes for anyone in the Democratic party, or the Libertarian party, or the damn Green party.

This is, of course, not an exhaustive list, but it's a good start.

justingroves, Volgrad98 and JayVols like this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I agree. SHS talked about Dems going on and on about impeachment... How many times do you here congressional democrats bring up impeachment unprompted? Now how many times do you here it attributed to them by the admin, congressional Republicans, or conservative media?

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And yes, [uck fay] West Virginia

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's wearing on a lot of people on this board for other reasons. I don't expect you to get that though.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's been reported today that senior Repblican party members are urging their most imperiled members to start speaking out against Trump. Former House Republican campaign chairman, Rep. Tom Cole, is on record saying, "Where there's smoke, there may well be fire."

It's disingenuous bullshit like this that's a huge problem. The House has been in lockstep with pretty much everything Trump. Now, they want to "speak out" for political expediency after 19 months of living on their knees slurping up every last drop of Trump? No. You're going to rise or fall on the horse you've been riding hard for 2 years.

Oh. And Sarah Huckabee Sanders is as big of a lying piece of shit as Donald Trump. She's an utter disgrace. Only she could make one miss Sean Spicer.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In 2016, according to the most recent data from the Census Bureau, there were approximately 73,586,000 people under 18 in the United States, and 38,365,000 of them — or 52.1 percent — resided in households in which one or more persons received benefits from a means-tested government program.

These included the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps), Medicaid, public housing, Supplemental Security Income, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and the National School Lunch Program.

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/...ve-households-getting-means-tested-government

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You mean like they did after the Access Hollywood tape. That worked out well.

12. JayVols

There's a huge disconnect for sure. Not trying to be a smart ass, but politics has its own forum now. If it gets too unbearable for anyone, just don't open the forum. There's plenty for everyone here.

13. JayVols

What does this say to you in a time of record CEO compensation?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Heh, I was probably the catalyst for that, then I showed back up anyway

Let this be a lesson, kids, if you want something bad enough, just try taking your ball and going home

15. JayVols

I've heard it said that you can't legislate morality.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But most all of it is contained to this thread. I actually encourage folks to start new threads about good news they want to talk about. Hell we can just start a new Trump investigation catch all thread if we need to, so there is no question what you are getting into

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's the way I look at it too. It's also exactly why a lot of people are missing from this discussion.

18. JayVols

You mean thing...

19. JayVols

Agree.

I took a break myself. Wasn't only due to that, but disconnecting for a bit can be a good thing especially if one finds themselves getting legit angry over the discussion.

awebb7 likes this.
  20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And that’s perfectly fine. But with many this shit is personal and they’d rather watch the country be flipped upside down if it means getting their boogeyman in Trump. Both sides are the same and we went through this shit for the last 8 years on the other side.

Long story short, both parties left me a long time ago.