POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Mueller report punted to the AG and Congress on obstruction. It was clear on his position regarding Collusion. No punting there at all.

zehr27 and A-Smith like this.
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

A problem is that I think it generally prevents me from crystallizing what I really think. I generally prefer being uncomfortable without having a hard and fast belief.

That’s a challenge on Trump because it’s easy for me to assume the worst. I can still play devil’s advocate for the other view but if it’s bad I figure he’s done it.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Avenatti threatens to pull the rug out from under Nike and a bunch of big time college basketball programs. Now getting charged with extortion for threatening Nike. Hilarious.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Wish he would've gotten Cal, Roy, and K indicted first though

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

In an attempt to manage expectations ...

While clearly unpresidential, obfuscation; publicly making shit up; and twitter trolling with veiled threats does not necessarily hurdle the legal bar of criminal obstruction.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds like there may be more to this coming soon, as well.

Not sure if this belongs in politics forum or sports forum?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Life comes at you fast...

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

A lot more than just the Nike thing

justingroves likes this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Avenatti going down; Trump just keeps winning.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It ain't easy being sleazy
    Oh no

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dear lord, that dumb mother[uck fay]er is going to get re-elected.

bostonvol likes this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

See, told you there was no chance Avematti would be the nominee. Haha

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Strap in

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I got the lube ordered.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Likely, but there are signs of sanity and slivers of hope out there.

BOOT
    EDGE
    EDGE

tvolsfan and Poppa T like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Bonus points awarded.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

While the last couple days have not been good for Democrats, this is certainly better than this coming out next year.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No one is "likely" to get elected. He's still very unpopular, no Democrat has been able to fill the void and we are divided as hell among the electorate, plus it's a year and a half away. It will be a tight election, most likely.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wait, are we talking Trump, specifically, or “the powerful”, in general? What rules does he have that are unique to him? What rules has he broken, besides being white, rich and not sharing your socio-political opinions, IP?

We don’t have to church it up beyond that - you don’t like him or his politics and you’re still angry he was elected. I felt the exact same way about W in his second term and Obama for both tenures. I’m sure that I’ll feel the same way again, and maybe soon. I get it, man. You don’t think I get it, but I do.

But I’m not going to baselessly accuse someone of colluding with a foreign government, or of obstructing justice, simply because I don’t like them. Nor am I going to accuse them of being gang rapists. Or racists. Or sexists. Or whatever.

Because I believe that the ends rarely justify the means. Maybe you do do, too. Many don’t.

Show me a single post where I said that I thought Mueller was a crook, a hack or said much more than I was waiting on his report, and would be curious to see his findings. I even supported him to people on my side who were [itch bay]ing that he was taking too long.

I don’t know how you don’t get this, IP, because it’s the true tragedy for your side, here: You’re damned straight that neither I nor most of anyone else is going to believe a damned thing that Congress tries to do, alleges, accuses, insinuates or intimates.

Why?
    Because you’re all a bunch of [uck fay]ing crazily deranged liars, and who clearly will stop at nothing to destroy this man - and any who support him - and who you personally see as antithetical to everything you stand for and desperately want to naively believe and goofily wished was true.

That’s why.

You can’t go insane for three years in pissing away your credibility like a spoiled and petulant child - Trump, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Sessions, hell, anyone he’s had around him - and then [itch bay] and moan that no one is going to believe you anymore. Thankfully, people aren’t nearly as stupid and forgetful as you think, and the Dems are counting on.

Your side doesn’t care about democracy, truth, the Constitution, or the rule of law - and damned sure not differing opinions - but only unyielding all-encompassing power, so as to force people to do what you cannot ordinarily convince them to voluntarily do, instead. Mostly because it’s equal parts delusionally stupid shit, and which usually costs 1,000 times more and makes things 1,000,000 worse.

You, and reasonably minded and intelligent people like you, should be busy in calling out BS on your side, so as to make reconciliation even possible, or at least to get the to stop shooting their own [Richards] off, instead of offering more free bullets and assisting with re-loads.

Dum-dum.

P.S. - Do you mean the sanctions he lifted on the companies once owned by a Russian oligarch - and which had been in place for over a year, and after the guy was removed from ownership of each company?

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...ctions-on-firms-owned-by-russian-oligarch?amp