POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The pineapple stuff is a lazy take. If I were trying to make the argument about collusion, it would make sense. But with obstruction, it’s not the case. Yet you throw it out there hoping to lump the two arguments together.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wait, what?

You sure that’s what the report says?

“...he tried time and again to clearly obstruct, and folks wouldn’t carry it out. What was left were serious questions of obstruction but none that Mueller would charge.”

You’re certain it says this, or are you adding a little personal spice to a Politico / CNN synopsis you’re now breathlessly pouring over?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There is no room for context. Remember the Russia if you are listening.... comment. Collusion, Collusion, Collusion.!!! for 3 [uck fay]ing years

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Always has been, is, and always will be. Why only a fool reads only one news source.

5. TennTradition

CNN lost its mind in 2016. I’m not saying there wasn’t bias before, but it was manageable.

I finally cut the cord after YEARS of my wife trying to get me to eat rid of cable. One of the biggest factors that made it make sense to me was that I wasn’t watching TV really at all because I had to turn off CNN in the evenings. They’ve lost me until they make changes. Which they won’t.

6. Tenacious D

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha!

“He tried to do illegal acts.”

Hahahaahahahahahahabahahahahahahahaha!

“They has no choice but to release it”

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha!

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah i feel like cnn a couple of years ago didn't seem this way. now they are just as bad as msnbc or fox bias wise.

8. TennTradition

There’s some spice there. I re-worded that part of my lost a few times because I knew I was slanting it. That’s where I ended up because I think it’s fair, though not precise.

I’ll concede the he would have clearly obstructed if people would have carried out orders because some of those things would have fallen right in with the other findings of ‘serious concern, serious questions, could be obstruction, don’t know’

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Not making any statements here, but Nate's analogy made me laugh.

10. Tenacious D

What’s another way of saying “can’t clear”?

Here, see if this scenario helps:

Imagine a report of an investigation concluded that it “can’t clear” a black, gender fluid vegan Jew ANTIFA member of assaulting a white Christian make, how would you summarize those findings?

11. Tenacious D

I won’t comment on the meat of this, but will just add that this has only made him infinitely stronger.

These hippies don’t want to hear that today, and will deny it to high heaven, but it has.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Were Cronkite and Murrow guilty to this extent?

13. TennTradition

This also comes down to whether Trump telling the DOJ that Mueller must be removed and them removing him is obstruction or not. If you don’t think so, then there is nothing to the argument of people ‘protecting him from himself’

14. Tenacious D

Oh, it’s a fallacy is it? That’s exactly what I’d expect a person who was guilty of shoving pineapples up their ass - or who was trying to coverup or obstruct an investigation into that allegation - to say.

Does the Mueller Report say that Trump obstructed justice?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You can find exceptions to everything. But overall, it has never changed from what it is now and always will be.

The biggest difference is now we are in a 24/7 news cycle instead of having a news anchor that just reports, we have 68598746138 talking heads giving editorial pieces instead of just reporting.

16. Tenacious D

The country you think exists is an abberation, IP. Always has been, and always will be.

17. Tenacious D

I would have just went with “No collusion” and “No obstruction”, but ok.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I might have [uck fay]ed Kate Beckinsale if the circumstances had been different.

Tenacious D likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

We’ve been friends this entire time, and now, you want to blow this all up for me like this?

Let their imaginations wander.

20. TennTradition

It says there were multiple incidences that could be obstruction but that they would not make that determination.

They concluded that based on all available evidence, he did not collude.

They would not conclude that he did not obstruct based on the evidence at hand because it raised serious questions.

Those are quite different conclusions.

And not the pineapple bullshit.

I’m not even saying that them being unable to clear him of obstruction is that big of a deal.