POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's being spun right out of the conversation is that many of the things called "fake news" that "didn't happen" is in the report as being factual.

tvolsfan, Unimane and gcbvol like this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Opinions"

4. Tenacious D

You’re unhinged.

You have two ways to beat Trump, and only two. I’m sorry that you don’t appreciate my pointing out that rather obvious reality.

Your incessant whining won’t accomplish either, any more than your crazed pronouncements will, as neither amount to anything more than a two-year tantrum that he won, is President, and you don’t like it.

Perhaps time and a perspective would help, instead of this, which is essentially, your kicking and screaming. To be sure, you’re welcome to reject my advice, but it won’t make it any less true, and timely, if you do.

5. Tenacious D

Until the Dems are willing to honestly examine and reflect on why 63 million Americans voted for Trump, despite his very many and real shortcomings, you will not beat him.

Not to assume why you most want to think they did.

Not to ostracize, denigrate and mock them for having done so.

This is the only way, man.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's a shit ton of damning stuff in there about his presidency. It's notable that the material which is damning merely raises eyebrows because people know his various arrays of terrible.

The funny part is watching the supporters celebrate the fact he likely won't face charges and the pendulum has swung fully towards Trump. There's a lot of in between and he didn't come off well, at all, despite the two years of crying and whining on Twitter. It's damaging more than helpful.

But, again, ultimately, I don't think it will create a sea change in opinion on him and his administration one bit. Opinions on him are pretty set. I also don't think the Democrats should bother with impeachment, although there probably is enough there to warrant charges on obstruction. Senate Republicans wouldn't vote to remove for anything. The last impeachment spectacularly backfired on the prosecuting party and they should take note. Trump is plenty damaged enough to let things ride as they are.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Over 2/3 of Houston-area voters chose the ‘straight ticket’ option in last November’s election. If afforded such an easy way to vote party, I have no doubt the numbers would be just as high in other parts of the country. I have a pretty good idea why 60 million of those 63 voted for him.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I know one candidate who understands perfectly.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Welcome to my frustrations with the Clintons for over a Decade.

kmf600 likes this.
  10. Unimane

Not really. They just have to get a few more in the right places to add to 66 million votes for Hillary, one of the weakest candidates in recent history.

Your silly arrogance isn't really based upon much reality when one looks at the actual figures and map out there. Anyone looking a year and a half out and seeing anything other than a likely tight race is a naive fool.

Don't kid yourself. There are many ways in which a Democrat can win in 2020. They can also most certainly lose. A national race has more favorables for a Democrat even though the electoral college mitigates those factors.

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no idea what you're talking about.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think once he starts talking policies he will drop. Right now he is riding the perfect wave.

13. Tenacious D

This sounds like an echo.

14. Tenacious D

I legit love your enthusiasm.

gcbvol likes this.
  15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did you guys, or did you not say this investigation was going to be what it took to impeach him and see him dragged out of the white house in handcuffs? It didn't happen. The next play is find some high dollar whore and pay her money to say a bunch of crap about him. Oh, wait. Nevermind

16. Unimane

I never said anything like this.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess you were the only one. My apologies

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you trying to say Stormy Daniels was not paid by Trump? Because that seems to be pretty well demonstrated at this point. You confuse a lack of consequence on these Trump things with a lack of it being true. Hell, I'm guessing you didn't read the Mueller Report at all and just think it says he's exonerated. It doesn't. It actually says, verbatim, the opposite.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I didn't, like I said, I don't care. How many times are you going to hold your breath thinking this is it. They're going to pin this one one him. Just give yourself a little break dude. Enjoy yourself this weekend, don't think about him, he will literally have zero affect on your life today. They didn't do shit to Clinton, they didn't do shit to Obama, and they more than likely won't do shit to Trump.

20. Unimane

But, there has not been a push by a lot of Democrats, including Pelosi and others, for impeachment. There have been some, but I think the right has been hearing what they want from they other side. The House is controlled by Democrats, so does this mean impeachment is coming?