POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

or because he was grieving his son...

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He’s a career politician. Stop it

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Everyone universally agreed Biden wasn’t a suitable candidate for president last time around. Now the excuses are coming and he’s the savior. Hilarious

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What? Universally? You are making this up.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I’m not. Where was the outcry for him to run? It didn’t exist

6. TennTradition

You’ve put the goalposts on casters. Lack of outcry for someone to run me as that EVERYONE UNIVERSALLY finds them unsuitable as a candidate?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

In a recent New Hampshire poll by the Boston Globe, he drew only eleven per cent support—far behind Hillary Clinton, at thirty-seven per cent, and Bernie Sanders, at thirty-five per cent. When CNN asked people, in August, if Biden should enter the race, slightly more than half said he should.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-biden-didnt-run/amp

A national Bloomberg survey of Democrats showed him at 25 percent, edging just ahead of Sanders (24 percent) and trailing Clinton (33 percent) by only 8 points.
    But in hindsight, that poll looks like an anomaly.
    Every other national survey showed Biden languishing in third place, trailing Sanders by an average of 9 points and Clinton by 31, according to RealClearPolitics.

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/r...-didnt-run-because-he-couldnt-win?context=amp

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

As the two articles I posted show, his people determined he couldn’t win, so he didn’t run.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Some are incapable of giving him credit, for anything.

He had a better message that resonated more strongly with key demographics. And he still does.

10. Tenacious D

The internal polling of the GOP AND DNC was spot on, and for months prior to the election.

Months.

11. TennTradition

Over half of the people polled felt he should run - but he was universally deemed to be an unsuitable candidate? Just stop.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Half is a ridiculously low number for a Vice President of a popular president. You are reading that wrong. They aren’t saying they’d vote for him.

13. TennTradition

I read it correctly. Why would I want someone who I found to be an unsuitable candidate to enter the race?

You made a stupid comment that was completely baseless and you’ve failed to retract it over the last 6 or so posts - so I assume that won’t change. It is what it is.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

50 percent didn’t even want him to give it a go. He was trailing Clinton by 30 points. His own people told him he was unwanted. I’m not sure what evidence you need exactly.

15. TennTradition

That not one single person found him to be a suitable candidate? Do you realize how [uck fay]ing low that bar is? Hell they wouldn’t even have to want to vote for him - just that they would find him suitable as a candidate. There isn’t evidence of that because it’s a stupid and indefensible statement. It’s not debatable.

16. Tenacious D

Hillary had as myriad of advantages in a myriad of areas, and well above what any Democratic candidate has ever enjoyed.

Ever.

She literally ran the DNC, including unapologetically railroading her main competition, receiving copies of debate questions, was the first female nominee and had as favorable of an Electoral College Map as almost any candidate - of either Party - again, ever.

Not to mention the mountains of money she had in her favor, largely funded by special interests via the Clinton Foundation (both foreign and domestic), the incessant media attacks and financial / entertainment establishment firmly and unabashedly at her back, and her basically spending 4 years running a pay-for-play scheme as Secretary of State.

And Trump beat her.

After that, after not only beating - but running absolutely roughshod - over the deepest, best financed and most highly qualified pool of primary contenders ever assembled amongst the GOP in a single race.

And won the nomination of the same Party, and many of whom could barely contain their petulant disdain for him, including both the Party itself and many of its largest donors.

Hillary was inarguably a shitty candidate, but that’s not the singular reason why Trump won, or even a primary reason, no matter how many times some say it was, and wish it were so.

And what comes after Trump in the next 20+ years will make Trump look like a lap dog, in comparison. And that’s the true beauty / tragedy of Trump, depending on your bent. His winning was just so much icing on the cake, IMO.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oh please. Now we are arguing semantics? Obviously I didn’t mean even his wife didn’t think he was suitable. You are being silly

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

“Universally people think oj killed Nichole.” Ridiculous! One person in America surely doesn’t think that!!

[​IMG]

19. Tenacious D

Joe Biden will get destroyed by Trump.

So will Bernie.

So will Mayor Pete.

So will Kamala Harris.

So will Pocahontas.

droski likes this.
  20. TennTradition

No I’m not. You left no room for doubt. You didn’t just say universally but you qualified it with “everyone universally”. The only point I was making was that to say that was ridiculous. I was literally saying your statement hyperbolic and you’ve been arguing otherwise.