POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Welp, shut it down. The primaries, the election, the White House, the country, the democracy. All of it. Shut it down.

Since Trump has the biggest rally [penis] ever, no need to move forward with anything I mentioned above.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Closet supporters means he has to win the popular vote? I’m not getting your logic.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Only five Presidents have lost the popular vote and still won the office, so to say it “doesn’t matter” is a bit naive.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If the argument is there are a large number of Trump supporters afraid to voice their support because they are afraid to be called racist or whatever, then it should be reflected in the vote totals. The popular vote has no meaning on putting people into office, but it should reflect a groundswell of people secretly willing to vote for Trump, while not expressing support for him publicly.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no it's understanding the way voting works in this country

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

who says it's not reflected in the vote totals? trump would have lost in a landslide if he was as unpopular as people claim he is.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Your belief is that there are people sitting at home that can't wait to vote for Trump, but are hesitant to say they're going to vote for Trump, yes?

Then why didn't he win the popular vote?

There isn't some hidden silent majority chomping at the bit to vote for Trump. If there were, he would have won the popular vote. Because that is what the majority represents.

It's okay to say Trump can win the presidency again by focusing on the electoral.

It's foolish to say there is a silent majority out there, because there isn't.

8. fl0at_

Popularity is relative.

He lost the popularity contest to one of the least popular politicians of all time. Someone who had already been defeated in nomination 8 years prior.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

In 91 percent of the total elections, the winner of the popular vote has also won the Electoral College. So yes, it does strongly correlate with the winner.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm saying he wouldnt' have won the electoral without a silent number of votes. i'm not saying he's secretly massively popular, just not universally hated like the left claims he is. there is a pretty big gap between popular and despised.

11. Unimane

Not if he was running against someone about as disliked as he was, which he was.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and the people challenging him couldn't beat out one of the least popular politicians of all time.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you mean the person who beat out the supposed more popular people?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just by pure statistics that's going to be true. it still isn't relevant to whether he's going to get reelected.

15. Unimane

16. fl0at_

Right. A majority of a minority is still a minority.

Him winning the Republican nomination doesn't make him popular. It just makes him the popular Republican.

17. fl0at_

He won the electoral by being strategic. I personally think that is tough to do twice.

If his popularity stays as it was in 2016, and it looks like it is, and the Democratic nominee focuses on electoral and doesn't treat the race like a victory lap, he'll lose. Because I don't believe he has closet support.

He has at the very most closet tolerance, that is very much dependent on economy.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I underestimated just how awful of a candidate Kamala Harris is. Although she still has a chance, I think it’s safe to say that her candidacy has been a major disappointment so far.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Man, you really stretched what I said. There are more people outside a typical Trump rally than show up at all for Biden. That's all I said. And it's the truth.