POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm an outlier, neither of my parents graduated high school.

The Dooz and droski like this.
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had a buddy in college whose parents were date pickers and his older siblings were 2 doctors, a lawyer, and a professor at Indiana. He’s got a good job now, but probably the disappointment of the family

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

droski likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think like 6%.

That’s true but it’s still a huge advantage in life and has huge ripple effects through the community.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then I think that's a function of income, not family unit. But that's a practical aspect. If that is your point I can agree with that, in that if you have dual income... you likely aren't in poverty, and if you aren't in poverty, you likely have a shot at being as successful as your upbringing, and likely more.

But the idea of the "moral family unit," I cannot agree with. Nobody needs two parents just because two parents. But two parents with two incomes... now that is useful.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I never said moral. You added that.

I think the more people that people have that care about them. The greater the chance of them being successful.

Just like the data proves with gay couples adopting children. They’re great parents according to the data

7. fl0at_

I'm clarifying, as to moral vs practical. Because some are on one side or the other, or both.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think it’s strictly driven by money either.

The federal government has spent hundreds of millions in social programs with little to show for too.

9. fl0at_

Social programs aren't money, though.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Do you think we’d be better off cutting all social programs and giving a direct income.

Instead of housing, wic/ebt, and other programs

11. fl0at_

A minimal living wage might make things better, but some things, such as school lunches (and breakfasts) should remain, even with the minimal wage.

Volst53 likes this.
  12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So when 15 year old are making 15 coconuts/hour to [uck fay] up hamburgers, how much should I make to keep the power on? Serious question

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s a bit different.

We pay a shit ton in social and welfare programs. A minimum living wage would cut most or all of those programs and then just give a direct cash payment to those that qualify without all of the administrative and overhead of the current system.

Basically it’s a bit of a happy medium. The cat is out of the bag and never going back on welfare.

This at least cuts most of the administrative bloat and stops treating citizens like children. While still giving assistance to those in need.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm not sure I'm happy just making what I'm making if a kid that can't hold the ketchup will make 15. Now I want 125/hour to keep your lights on.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What is $15 fitty, Alex

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

a working person wants to be able to house and feed themselves? Then I should be given a castle because [uck fay] those losers, my status as their better must be made starkly apparent!

man, you should get paid 150 an hour if you can get it. it isn't about pushing you down, it's about everyone who works having a decent life.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You're [dadgum] right. I want my pay to reflect my skill set.

justingroves likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If unskilled labor makes $15, skilled labor should make....

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what's better, 4 people making $15/hr or 5 people making $12/hr?

20. fl0at_

You don't find that it is bureaucracy that contributes to what "skilled" labor is?

If a business doesn't care that the ramp isn't 8 feet long and 15 degrees sloped, or whatever, your price goes down.