POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Good question. Is the word itself offensive? Could I be offended if I even heard it?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'll try to say something that is going to be counter-intuitive, but I'll try to follow up with a reason: stop being offended by others. And that seems counter-intuitive, except that this whole episode with Trump isn't people being offended by others, but for others. And I'll explain, deeper.

I am offended for marginalized, the undeserved and those incapable of being offended for themselves--or have not yet had a chance to take offense. It's spotlighting, essentially. Eventually, the offended will take note, and be offended. Or they'll tell me my spotlight was poorly shown.

However, if I'm offended for the person offending themselves, I'm standing up for the person, by standing against them? That's illogical.

kmf600 and IP like this.
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Another xenophobic racist white supremacist

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, again, basically, they aren't smart enough to vote "correctly" themselves because they don't understand the issues and are foolishly led astray by charlatan leaders they can't see through as they aren't sophisticated, savvy or intelligent enough? Oh, and because they are given bus rides.

And you want to pretend what I said is so terrible?

5. Unimane

The jury is out on that one.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

[uck fay] off. We all, well most of us, understand how people are held back due to their circumstances and upbringing. Being manipulated by those you trust doesnt mean you are stupid.

Your little i gotcha game is weak shit. I guess in your eyes, if a person is smart, they arent manipulated and should be out of the hood with ease.

And stop with the race lessons. I grew up in a rough memphis area where my mom still lives. Not Wisconsin.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  7. Unimane

Man, it's almost as if he expressed a plan without calling people from below the border rapists, tried to limit refugee numbers, called on four of his political opponents to go back to their countries, even though they are Americans, and a million other things which actually demonstrate the xenophobic or racist attitude people criticize in Trump.

You keep posting these sarcastic "look, another racist" posts, but I don't think they show the thing you think they do.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wait i thought being anti illegal immigration was racist by definition?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

isn't that basically every american voter? how many truly independent thinkers exist in america?

10. Unimane

No, [uck fay] you. You play this little whiny ass, pissy passive aggressive game when you or your ideas are criticized and then respond to my direct question with these people vote the way they do because they are manipulated, not because they are voting due to their beliefs and interests. They don't have agency in their vote, they aren't smart, aware or whatever to know they are being manipulated. Well, unless they vote the way you think they should.

There was no gotcha game, just me asking you a direct question and trying to make a point, If you made a weak point or stepped into something, that's your own damn fault.

11. Unimane

So, you're manipulated, too, or is it just the ones who don't vote like you?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no i'm a brilliant independent thinker which why i am a great american and a great poster and a rare gem that should be appreciated by all.

kmf600 and Unimane like this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd say 10% of american voters can really think for themselves which is right around the percentage of black people that vote republican. coincidence?

14. Unimane

Says who? Or, is that your characterization of it in order to make a flawed equivalency with how Obama addressed the issue and how Trump does?

Plus, I think immigration was the area in which Obama got the most blowback from the left.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Republicans vote Republican for the same reasons. They grew up around it. Their friends do and their business aquaintances do. In general of course. Many vote R down the line and could care less about any political stance. Same thing on the dem side. It has zero to do with calling the entire group dumb, which is what UN keeps trying to pin.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

serious? the left has stated that people are only anti illegal immigration because most of illegals are brown. notice not a single democratic candidate was even willing to say they would TRY to curtail illegal immigration. why do you think that is if being anti illegal immigration is ok with democrats?

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is that the argument for the Russian interference

18. Unimane

Certainly convenient for your perspective.

I have a little higher view of the electorate. Certainly, some vote based upon these less than ideal considerations, but I think most have certain ideologies in which affects their vote. It may be wrong in your, or my, opinion, less informed than others or based upon any host of other reasons, but they vote, largely, based upon a certain perspective or ideology in which they assert, whether it's a rural voter in Mississippi voting Republican based upon anti-abortion views or an urban black voter who wants prison reform. They vote for, generally, for people whom they feel reflect their views.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think that most Americans vote for the person that has their interests in mind, the fact that politicians are full of shit liars doesn't mean any person can't think for themselves

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think you severely underestimate how much humans don't like change. getting someone to change their voting patterns is very difficult.