POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

“I’ll have more flexibility” is not the same as “I’ll give you 350 million dollars and treat your country better if you dig up dirt on my political opponents.”

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

On the investigation front by Congress, let’s not pretend this Democratic Congress started that. They are just continuing a trend. The continuous impeachment consideration I would agree on - but I would also argue there are unusual political circumstances (though you might argue that’s entirely manufactured anyway).

As for the question about Putin and Obama, I think that’s legitimately a reach. But that also wasn’t a good look and he was dogged about it. The reason I say it’s different is he because I saw that as saying working with you now would hurt me politically so it isn’t going to happen now. Let’s wait until after the election when I’ll have more flexibility because I won’t be fighting for re-election.

So not only is it not taking out a political opponent, but I don’t think it’s even directly making Obama look better (which I mentioned above as another way an interaction with a foreign government could play out, and one that to me - as I said in the prior post - seems to be more standard politics). But the Obama Putin interaction doesn’t really fall in either of those categories and is cleaner. Politically it was damaging to him because it raised questions about what kind of cooperation he intended.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Agreed. That sounds really, really bad and probably illegal. Sounds like the only logical course of action would be some special investigations, committee hearings, subpoenas, press conferences denouncing the actions, days and days and days of news coverage, and possible impeachment.

They should add it to the list of the thousands of other things they are pissing and moaning over.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  4. TennTradition

So your position is that if offered it isn’t a big deal?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think his position is this is the same shit just a different day. If this was done Trump would be gone.

VolDad likes this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

My position is it is long past old that all the Democrats want to do is to investigate the President with the singular goal of removing him from office; rather than actually doing something that moves the Country forward (Healthcare, infrastructure, immigration solution, education, etc.). Every single day is ground hog day with them (investigations, impeachment, subpoenas, press conferences to denounce, etc... rinse and repeat.)

With that said the Republicans are equally impotent in their policy making (if not more so).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    doolmeonce likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

what do you mean in that last sentence?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like 700 more investigations on Beghazi or emails?

If a Democrat is as dishonest, corrupt and operates in a manner such as this administration, then they 100% deserve to be treated in a manner like Trump has been treated and worse. Trump should have been up for impeachment for obstruction, for sure, from just the Mueller Report findings, which were pretty clear on this charge.

I don't know how Republicans, with a straight face, feel like they've been done hard up in reference to Trump and promise retribution, particularly how they spent years stonewalling Obama from anything and everything.

Trump is simply a unique case and shouldn't be a guide for any future administrations or Congressional response.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. Unimane

The Democratic House has sent a ton of legislation to the Senate, which the McConnell crew controlling this branch of the government has, as is usual for them, done very little.

10. TennTradition

If the situation I proposed happened - how bad would it be?

11. TennTradition

So if Trump offered that it’s impeachable? Or worth not re-electing him?

Can you tell me why?

I’m trying to contextual I enjoy this to get a feel for how bad it would be if it happened.

Also note that the reporting isn’t fully nailing it down to the scenario I reported. Some reports have but it still isn’t clear exactly what happened.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Have either of you stopped to consider that the reason this keeps happening to Trump is because of Trump, and not the group that has held the majority of one half of one third of the government for only half his term?

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he did it he should be removed.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Of course. He brings out the worst in people that despise him.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

"Stonewalling"?!? Is that an adequate word to describe what the democrats are doing to Trump?

16. fl0at_

And the mindless blind alliegence of those who worship him.

The Dooz likes this.
  17. fl0at_

Executive Branch - Republican
    Judicial Branch - Republican
    Legislative Branch
    -Senate: Republican
    -House: Democrat

Dang, all those democrats are keeping us from getting stuff done!

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess if you know that Moscow Mitch is just going to hold everything up that might, could, maybe move the Country forward, you’ve got to find some way to occupy your time.

tvolsfan likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That too, but its a small group. imo

20. Unimane

No, not even close to what the Republicans were doing to Obama, not to mention they only have had control of the House for this year. McConnell and crew simply shut things down for 6 years as much as possible. House Dems have sent a flurry of new laws to be voted upon, but have not had the Senate act upon these bills.

This isn't to say the Democrats have been perfect or great, but the Republicans have set such a low bar in this regard.