POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, you are incapable of nuance.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how is using that phrase that is 100 percent associated with trump being nuanced?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

we are talking about a phrase older than trump. We can talk about 1 and 1, but you can't blame me if you add them in your own head. The phrase is all about ignoring the broader context and stoking nationalism. always has been. it is a rally to ignorance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you just admitted it’s not the same phrase. Using the exact same phrase is a clear reference to trump. Not sure why you are being intellectually dishonest here. America first and make America great again aren’t even remotely similar

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

are you saying trump does not use America first?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the documentary never mentioned America or Germany first so I’m not sure why we are talking about this

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

he absolutely used the phrase "make Germany great again." it wasn't a slogan, but it was a repeating phrase

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Saying something occasionally is not a slogan. Are you seriously telling me that wasn’t a reference to trump?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is nice to know that you have kept your sense of humor.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't know about that but I know it was used by Democratic President Woodrow Wilson.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

More fake news

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

read what he linked.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

and make america great again was used by bill clinton. while I have been accused of equating trump to hitler, I have not. I discussed the phrases.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

what wasn't a reference to trump?

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I completely agree that the trial in the Senate will probably take all of two days and a vote completely along party lines will lead to a non-conviction.

No, I don't think people are blind. I could be blind because I unconsciously WANT there to be impeachable offenses, and thus I see them. Same way that people who truly love Trump or hate everything Washington and love that Trump is basically a big ole shit filled monkeywrench thrown in their machine will NOT see anything wrong. It is just how humans work.

Take my mom and dad. I have not talked to them about the impeachment, as I really don't like talking politics with the family because I want to keep them family (and I have seen "Trump" ruin plenty of friendships), but I know for a fact there are a lot of things they hate about Trump. Like most Trump supporters, they wish to God that he would just stfu and stay off of Twitter. But they are willing to hold their nose on some things just to get the majority of things they want. And so, they either choose to not see or literally cannot see anything wrong he is doing.

On the other side, I hate 80% of the policies and shit that Trump does. I believe he is the worst President since the 19th Century (and there were some doozies in the 19th Century), and thus I choose or cannot help but to see a lot of stuff he does as criminal and self-serving instead of for the good of the country.

So in short, just because we have a difference of sight and opinion doesn't mean that one side thinks the other side is dumb.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

there are good things trump does (e.g. holding NATO dues to account), and things trump does that has to be done even though I don't like his method (e.g. China trade negotiations).

there's stuff I dont like, 'nuff said because you've heard it.

but no one should be above the law, and the balance of powers under the constitution must be preserved. that is not happening.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All fair

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Mitch will not let that happen. He will make it a long drawn out process keeping democratic senate candidates off the campaign trail and calling the Biddens, Schiff,.... and who knows, probably Clinton.

It will be a long drawn out circus with a lot of venting, innuendo, and conspiracies.