POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Let me ask you this. Do you think Clinton should have been removed from office when he was impeached? Do you think Trump should be removed?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly yes, because it has led to the current situation. I was in 8th grade at the time, so this is in retrospect.

I am honestly not certain he should be and would want to see everything play out, but I am alarmed that he clearly will not be, barring him hailing satan or something.

Lying/deception ought to be a thing of major consequence for an elected official, but we excuse it now as just normal political behavior, as if that cynicism makes us better off somehow.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not necessary, in this case. I think some of you mistake a Democrat or two for Democrats. However, Trump has been pretty lawless from the campaign trail to the Oval Office.

4. Unimane

Bill Clinton lying about his affair had no material effect on his ability to perform his job duties as president. The obstruction of justice was the most relevant, but not enough, in my opinion, to warrant impeachment. Republicans, basically, spent years seeking out an impeachable offense, jumping from one charge to the next, before they "found" this one.

Trump is different because his offenses actually relate to the running of the country and the job duties his office entails.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think that even your answer to this lies in whether you believe it has been sufficiently proven he withheld aid to pressure Ukraine to aid him personally/politically.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the thing I'm going to hate the most about Trump is that it's the start of the right going down identity politics too.

I think identity politics is dangerous and won't end any where productive.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's political nationalism. And nothing good ever comes from stuff like that.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't
    Its all tribalism.

I don’t Trump from a policy standpoint is that crazy and mostly your run of the mill presidency.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mitch isn't God in a Senate impeachment. Chief Justice Roberts is.

It is a trial.

If the Senate cannot provide sufficient, material, reason to call those witnesses Roberts will not allow them to testify.

Y'all act like this shit is new or something.

Unimane and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Read it yourself. They found a few references. That’s not repeatably

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

jesus read back

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can’t believe you said this without irony

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pelosi has been resisting heavy pressure to pursue this on other matters, that is true. that has no bearing on whether any of those things were legitimate. this is political suicide for the dems potentially, but it is at a point where partisan expediency of ignoring it would do too much harm to the country.

We can't have kings.

15. Unimane

I didn't. You seem to think the situations are analogous. They aren't.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wat? King? Don’t be silly. If we removed every politician who engaged in quid pro quo there would be no one left in Washington .

MaconVol likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

of course they are

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good.

19. Unimane

No, they aren't. Ken Starr was appointed in 1994 and spent 4 years investigating Whitewater and other various offenses, which lead nowhere, until they caught him lying about a BJ. The Trump impeachment proceedings have, basically, been about Russian interference, the Ukraine aid package and the obstruction into both of these cases. The Mueller investigation wasn't even a Democratic investigation and the one which was Democratic inspired investigation, Ukraine, has been handled quickly and efficiently in terms of how government usually operates.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

this reaction is why it continues. Here I thought we wanted the swamp drained.