POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Yet, not one GOP House member (and there are quite a few who strongly dislike Trump) saw it the way you do. Yet, the American people haven't been convinced as support for impeachment has gone down.

In other words, your side isn't making a strong enough case. If there was a law and the breaking thereof, would it have been included in the Articles of Impeachment?

2. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

The Executive isn't allowed to negotiate with other World leaders?

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

What has been reformed in 6 months? Come on.

Biden, who inappropriately touches children on video, seems senile in the debates, has never done well nationally and whose own former President he served under as VP has yet to endorse him. Yeah, it is surprising he joined the race. Even more surprising he said he would only serve one term.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We're not seriously going to entertain the idea Trump was at all concerned about Hunter Biden because he wanted to root out corruption in Ukraine and Hunter was some kind of key factor in this? I mean, people aren't this stupid, are they?

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I'll close with this, because I gotta coach a basketball game.

This is a classic case of 2 movies on one screen. If you want to see wrong doing, you can, but there is also an equally if not more appealing argument against it.

How do I know this is true? Not one GOP House member was persuaded, a few Dem House members were persuaded against it and the American public was not persuaded.

Yes, law is largely semantics and you've failed to make your case.

6. Unimane

Biden is doing quite well nationally, actually.

7. Unimane

Not persuaded or deathly afraid of the consequences within the increasingly cult like base if they deviate from rabid support of their leader? And, basically, one or two out of over 200 Democrats were persuaded. That's far fewer Dems that switched than did during the Clinton impeachment.

And plenty in the American public were persuaded. You peddle too many false or misleading narratives.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we aren’t going to seriously entertain the idea that trump was so worried about losing to Biden that he asked his son to be investigated are we?

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not over money legally and appropriately appropriated by the legislative.

That is not proper by the executive branch.

To make it so, the executive branch needs to declare of state of emergency, and then, based on recent scotus rulings, it would be appropriate to discuss money the legislative has earmarked.

But that was not done.

10. Unimane

Do you not pay attention, at all? How does Trump act towards those he perceives as political rivals? Hell, he still rambles on about Hillary.

And, yes, considering Biden has almost universally led Trump in the polls since entering the race, he's concerned about him. It takes a special sort of suspension of belief and common sense to not realize he went after Hunter Biden as opposed to some silly notion he cares about corruption in Ukraine. Why only go after the son of your likely Democratic challenger?

I mean, have you at all paid attention to how this guy operates?

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. fl0at_

The case is closed killer. Impeachment happened.

He was impeached, ergo.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think it’s far more likely he doesn’t like Biden and actually thinks Biden’s son did something wrong than trying to help it win him an election. You are giving him way too much forward thinking credit for a guy who spends his life one day at a time. You act like this happened yesterday.

13. fl0at_

Yes, what has been reformed? You say a reformer is there... then it should be easy to point out the change.

But see you state as fact things that are not so: you have what you believe is a reformer, a possible reformer.

State factually.

By the laws of this land, as enshrined by the Constitution of the United States, the case is closed, he was impeached.

See that screen, or don't. But that is what actually happened.

14. Unimane

I don't think it's that prescient for him to be thinking about 2020. In fact, I think the next election consumes him, which is why he's been campaigning since a few months into his term. He seeks validation and election is the ultimate form. I don't think it's 3D chess here, just that, if he sees a chance to hurt a threat to his re-election, he takes it. I mean, this all occurred when the Democratic campaign began to start rolling. I have zero doubt the campaign and his opponents are constantly on his mind, particularly since he tweets about them all the time.

So, no, I think he see it as a chance to damage someone he doesn't like and is a potential opponent. But, even if he did do it because he doesn't like Biden, it's still a gross abuse of his power.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah I don’t agree. Is it a gross abuse of power if he and his AG actually think Biden’s son is guilty of something?

16. Unimane

You seriously don't think he cares about Hunter Biden because his dad is the almost sure nominee from the Democrats in 2020? Ohhhhhkayyy...

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

because he’s worried “crazy joe” is going to beat him? No

more likely because he really thought the son did something wrong and he doesn’t like Biden.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so you want to impeach someone because you THINK you can read the mind of a nut like trump?

19. Unimane

It isn't necessary. Him withholding funds in exchange for his personal gain is enough on top of many instances of obstruction.

20. Unimane

You don't think he's worried, or, at least, concerned about Biden for 2020? Why, because he gave him a silly nickname?