POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't believe that the case you cited is as broad as you think.

If another agency has power to declassify, do they first have to seek approval, or can they declass?

Because if no approval, there is a tug of war between one agency moving to declass, without having to seek approval, something that was just classified.

Basically, what prevents any president from simply classifying all that they say and do, at all times?

If the answer is nothing but precedent, then there is an available abuse of power mechanism built into our system of government. Ie, a flaw.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sorry, I misunderstood - inter-agency tugs of war frequently occur, but how most deal with it is that they can de/classify under their one purview, meaning, DOE has a different classification system / process than DOD, NSA, etc., one agency typically respects the classification of another agency, but its as you say, not a matter of expressed law, but only a good and necessary courtesy. I’m not aware of a single incident where one agency failed to respect and adhere to the assigned classification of another agency when pertaining to the same material.

POTUS is the ultimate authority on de/classification of information, material and access, and could technically do whatever they wished in that regard, including as you described. This being said, and what should be considered, is that there is no security classification that can put any document, material or info exclusively beyond either every court or all of Congress. Both routinely request / subpoena even the most highly sensitive information, and are authorized to receive and review it (think federal courts, Intel committees, etc.).

If a POTUS sought to keep documents, material, info and a slew of other things (transcripts, testimony, etc.) away from any judicial and congressional inquiry, he’d simply invoke Executive Privilege, but even that’s not absolute, and can be circumvented / overcome, when necessary.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

According to the GI Joe comic books I read as a child, the President can

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bunch of teenagers on TikTok did a grass roots trolling job and all requested tickets.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Left is now using children to do their dirty work. Impressive.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It seems the adults were fairly in the dark about this one. Kpop crowd and tik tok are apparently fairly adult free.

8. cpninja

cpninja Member

thats praxis baby!

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As they should be

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nobody going to mention Barr firing Berman?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did in the campaign thread.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe a 51 year old lady organized it or started it.

13. TennTradition

I’m not on the platforms but these things seem to be pretty difficult to peg on one person, particularly when you have some odd fusion of kpop and tik tok which perhaps isn’t that odd actually but seems odd.

Sounds like the count was 6,200 last night.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like a million people are falling over themselves to take credit. But for what, exactly? Everyone who wanted a ticket got one, everyone who showed up got in to the main event. So...?

emainvol likes this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Exactly. If it's true they got trolled by a bunch of Gen Z'ers, is it not almost entirely on the Trump campaign for not vetting the numbers they were pimping?

Seems like they flew a little too close to the sun on this one

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The President of the United States of America is so weak, and not respected, that he got clowned by a bunch of teenagers, and someone's mom, with 1,000 followers.

Awesome.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  17. TennTradition

yeah - credit only perhaps for the creation of the overflow and the planned speech.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Plus it seems like online and tv wise it killed number wise.

This is going to be a crazy election.

Two of the worst running in a time that feels like the 1930’s

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, they got excited about the numbers and made a big deal about it before looking into it. They got taken. His rallies before covid usually had huge turnouts but the fact that they believed 800k plus was showing up in Tulsa during this pandemic is laughable.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is not real surprising.