POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think polls tighten as we get closer to Election Day, but if they don't I could see a pivot to save the downballot candidates.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only if we have debates.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Biden mentioned this back in April.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

And was mocked for it.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Silent majority is the only way he gets re-elected. If polls are correct he is going to get crushed.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could be wrong, but I don't think the debates will tighten it. They may even tilt it. Certainly no guarantees, but if he is pressing it will not come across well.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

To me there's a difference in requesting a ballot, providing identification to get it, and be taken off the eligible voter roll when you ballot is received, vs throwing ballots out of a helicopter. I think absentee voting should be more widely used.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I see nothing wrong with mailing out the applications for mail-in voting if you expect (or want) a lot of people to use it. However, I agree it would make absolutely no sense for ballots to just be mailed out. I do think that it is a potential route to fraud and I don't know how best to control for that. For states that require no ID, I'm not sure it's that different from walking up to the ballot box. And, I understand there aren't signs of widespread fraud from mail-in votes. But if you start increasing the number of people using it, it would seem to be a bigger target.

Volst53 likes this.
  9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There doesn't need to be a silent majority, he just needs to hang on to a state or two.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Do you not have to request a mail in ballot, no differently than an absentee ballot? I cannot find anywhere where it is mass mailed out or a stack are left at the post office, but would love to read more about it if you can point me in that direction.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

One of the big things being pushed for by some is just mailing an actual ballot to every registered voter address. I'm perfectly fine with a process to request a ballot and would be on board with those applications being freely mailed out.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

A submitted ballot is checked against the voter roll, though. So what is the difference?

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm pretty supportive of mail in voting in general, but the some smart election folks seem to think the administrative burden is going to lead to a cluster on Election day.

Hopefully they work out some of these links beforehand, but I'm pretty pessimistic.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Look at the election that just happened in New Jersey.

it’s an absolute mess.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Doesn’t mean we should willingly go into that mess

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm going to state an obvious, but if the founders actually believed voting to be all that important, they'd have done a better job of protecting its process.

Let's all just vote by Xbox now and move on with the idea that voting is actually an important part of our government's process.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Covid 19 - Fake news, no need to wear a mask. no need to shut down businesses, must reopen schools.... Voting?!? Hell No!! Too Dangerous. Must delay.