POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The answer is more walls.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The comments by Cohen's lawyer are pretty bad, too. Now, I take it all with a big grain of salt, but damn.

Also, from Cohen himself, to the judge:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46546238

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Republicans control both houses until the next class is seated. He told Nancy he could get the votes without the Dems... So why doesn't he just do it?

Oh that's right, because there are better ways to spend the money than a wall.

...ways that have bipartisan support and aren't just the whims of a idiot manchild.

JayVols likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The next two years are going to be exceptionally ugly. My only hope is that the Democrats do not go crazy with their opposition and make two years of hearings and obstruction. I also hope there isn't an impeachment unless the Russia stuff is clear and unequivocal (I think the pay offs are illegal and unethical, but not "high crimes and misdemeanors". The Founders envisioned impeachment as a guard against tyranny.). Impeachment allows for narrative of being railroaded to play in some quarters. He needs to lose in 2020, if there's going to be any kind of worthwhile resolution to this extreme ugliness.

kmf600 and tvolsfan like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

I honestly hope that impeachment only comes up if anything is found that is so gross and flagrant that there is no other means (a la Watergate break in). An impeachment would work-harden his base and create such a schism in this country as to be long term damaging to the country, unless, as said, it is so flagrant that the Congress comes back in both houses with a super majority of votes to impeach and then convict on the impeachment.

It would be far better for the country for him to lose and lose mightily (even perhaps in the primary) or he resigns or doesn't seek re-election.

And, I do mean this 100% without hesitation, my real hope is that there is nothing there and that Trump is clean and innocent of any wrong doing. I just don't hold much hope for that.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I grow more and more skeptical by the day that Trump makes it to 1-20-21.

That said, he looks brilliant compared to Theresa May right now.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think he makes it and have thought so since day 1 when many of my fellow lefties believed in the whimsical idea he would be removed or some kind of 25th amendment resolution would get him. Trump thrives on adulation and the fight against his "enemies", so I think he won't, and can't in his mind, give those up and admit defeat, unless he can frame it as a win for him. Which, considering how he tends to bend reality, he might. But, I still think he itches for the validation of a second term. I mean, this is a guy who really believes "the people will revolt" if he's impeached. I'd be shocked if he isn't on the ballot in 2020.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

When you lay down with dogs, you get fleas.

9. NorrisAlan

10. JayVols

11. JayVols

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m sure the moral authority Orin Hatch will weigh in some more with his logic of this stuff only matters if I don’t think the president is doing a good job.

13. JayVols

The John Edwards campaign finance felony defense just got hit with FLAK and is currently plummeting to the ground in a spectacular fireball.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree that there are very key differences in the two (though worth noting that Edwards was indicted and later found not guilty or no decision).

However, I will say that while the questions of intent may be sufficiently doubtful for impeachment - I wouldn’t vote to remove without more evidence of intent with what I know today.

I do believe that illegal actions taken to influence your election to office falls under the intent of the impeachment conditions. But that doesn’t mean you should remove from office if there are reasonable questions of intent.

15. JayVols

I think intent is a settled matter, but I understand your position.

16. JayVols

17. NorrisAlan

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think he meant he could get the house easily but it was pointless because he wouldn't get the 60 needed in the Senate to pass.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll wear a maga hat for the next 6 years one month and 7 days if Trump will just make this happen

JayVols likes this.
  20. JayVols

This is a great idea.

Bring in Mark McGuire too.