POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nah. Biden hasn't done a God damn thing in 30 plus years in office, other than flip flop on nearly every major issue, sometime even flipping, flopping and then flipping back. Truly impressive

He's a career politician and a bad one at that.

Butthole likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, Trump never flip flopped constantly his whole [dadgum] life...

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So like I said, they’re both dopes.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He said he’s devoted his entire career to helping the middle class. Whoops

justingroves and GahLee like this.
  5. GahLee

Name one good thing Biden has done.

6. GahLee

How many lifetimes would it take you to become a billionaire and POTUS? Of all the narratives, the assertion he is truly dumb is the easiest to debunk.

7. GahLee

Biden makes the most insane campaign promise imaginable and the response is "well, Trump is dumb too."

You might as well get used to defending Biden because he is winning the nomination. So start now, with his cancer statement.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Being a billionaire doesn't change the fact he has said a ton of idiotic shit. He's a [uck fay]ing moron. The evidence is laid out in just his tweets, for one. He fancies himself the smartest person in the room at all times, while he ignores the actual smart people in the room.

The Dooz and tvolsfan like this.
  9. Unimane

He authored the Violence against Women Act, for one, among a just of other things. Biden actually has a long and distinguished career, so I'm not sure where you thought "he's done nothing" was a good response without doing dime research.

Biden, though, has always been great as a mover and shaker in Congress, getting things accomplished, working out deals with Republicans, all of which was why Obama picked him a VP. However, he has a goofy streak and has a tendency to make the gaffe or two, or seven. So, I'm not sure how he'd do as president, but he was very good on his role as a VP since he didn't have to do too much in public.

The Dooz likes this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t give the first [uck fay]ing shit about being the POTUS or a billionaire, so I don’t know, forever? But with an insane question like that, it’s safe to assume you’re at least as dumb as he is.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

nice try, I'm not wasting time defending or attacking Biden.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

how many IQ points does one gain by winning the lottery, or picking the winning horse?

I assume the same amount as one gains when their trust fund kicks in or their inheritance clears, but you seem to think some neurological transformation happens with the latter so I am just checking.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I really think Biden is only doing so well because people think he’s most likely to beat Trump. I’m worried he wouldn’t carry the Bernie vote.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll go out on a limb and say Biden doesn't win the nomination.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I tend to agree, but then, who’s going to do it?

The problem with Biden is going to be that someone will have to beat the old but beloved crazy-ass to political death, and run roughshod over both Obama and his legacy, in order to do so.

That will not be an easy, enviable or politically clean task.

GahLee likes this.
  16. Tenacious D

Your continued assertions that Trump is simply the product of an inheritance, or that he’s not an intelligent person, is indefensibly retarded.

He is as target-rich of a political environment as you’ll ever hope to see, IP, choose something else, from the mounds available, and which might be true.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you look, you'll see that his wealth, celebrity, and position are cited as proof against all sorts of criticism. for example, gahlee in this thread just recently. the assertion is that he must be very intelligent because he is rich. I am poking at how silly that is. you are now twisting it around, but I didn't say he was the product of his wealth. at least, not in the post you quoted.

there are many people who inherit wealth or come into wealth or even labor to produce wealth that gahlee probably doesn't see as intelligent. and I am pointing that out.

Since I have already breached into the realm of "indefensibly retarded" assertions by pointing out one's intelligence doesn't increase upon depositing a check, let me go full black knight for your enjoyment:

Gahlee has probably raised his own personal wealth by more orders of magnitude in his life so far than trump has raised his. if you go from a net worth of nothing and inherit nothing to owning a car and maybe a home, that's 5 or 6 orders of magnitude. Trump went up 1 or 2 orders of magnitude. raising from one order to another is not all equal, but there is something to be said about going from nothing to something, versus from a lot to "even more"

there. now there is one you can sink your teeth into that I actually posted.

18. Tenacious D

So, this great statesman was able to channel his inner Daniel Webster in ushering through one piece of legislation, and that required other members of Congress to also oppose violence against women - a true Lion of the Senate, IMO.

He has a long career as a politician, for sure, but I don’t know about the distinguished part.

He was Obama’s wingman, and that’s it.

Obama picked him because he was a milquetoast white guy that most people see as being a nice guy, and who wasn’t going to take any shine off of himself, what with his own “ideas” and whatnot. Had Obama wanted the best VP, there were definitely better candidates.

All of this being said, let me go on the official record as saying that I could not more enthusiastically and strongly support Joe Biden’s candidacy for the Democratic Nomination.

Bonus Prediction: No matter who wins the DNC nomination, barring some major scandal / outright flop, Mayor Pete is your VP candidates for the Dems. The bottom half of that ticket is already written.

19. Tenacious D

Trump isn’t stupid.

It’s indefensibly retarded to even hint, much less say, that he is.

I expect better arguments out of you than ham-handed silliness such as suggesting that he is.

You loathe him. He’s diametrically opposed to everything you stand for. You can’t fathom his being re-elected. You’d support almost anyone before him. He’s crass, pompous, narcissistic, petty, needlessly self-injurious, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

He’s not stupid. You know he’s not stupid.

That’s my point.

20. Unimane

I like how you use the fact that I merely gave one example to make a conclusion he only made one piece of legislation, ignoring the obvious "among other things" part to suit yourself. Never change, Tenny.

Interesting note, there were plenty of Republicans who did oppose the VAWA, although there were a number who did. And, Biden was picked because of his status in Congress and, especially, experience in foreign policy and national security as well as appeal to blue collar workers, but I'd hate to disrupt from your silly narrative of they needed an old white guy who wouldn't outshine Obama (Who would've done that in 2008?).

However, as it happens, I don't think Biden is the ideal choice, nor will be the likely choice once the primaries actually start rolling. We've got a long way to go.