POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's what I am thinking of, and it sounds like we agree on the broad strokes. so were you infringing on his first amendment rights? it freedoms, or whatever?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

all public education is not created equal

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, I know, hence my last line in the post you cited. But, you agreed with TennTradition this was a private vs. public thing with you.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

because i've grown up here and gone to public school and seen the impact illegals and the bulky administration has on LA county public schools. if i lived in marin i imagine i'd send my kids to public school

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t know what else to say, and that would be helpful to you, Un.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Same here. I've paid more than I like to think about because public schools here are more concerned with kids that speak little to no English. That and a lot of parents here think school is nothing more than a place to watch their shithead kids while they're at work.

droski likes this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Thank God all the hard work Obama put in years ago is finally paying off

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The problem here is, my "sheltered" kids don't need to be around kids that are calling each other the N word every other word.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We have really good schools here in Dade county, the problem is, you have to apply to go to one, and if you're lucky enough to get into one, your reward is, you wake up at 4 am, take your kids 45 minutes away, wait in line 30 minutes to drop them off, so they can sit in front of a locked school for an hour before they can go in, just so you can make it to work in time.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

A lot of these issues are the same in Miami-Dade county as well

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah my wife has two friends who are teachers in the long beach school district and they drive their kids half an hour in the wrong direction to take them to the school which they had to apply to and basically only got in because they knew the principle.

kmf600 likes this.
  12. Unimane

As I've said, radicals, sooner or later, tend to eat their own first. I've liked a few things she's done, but this fight has been coming.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Is she really radical?

She’s pretty much the embodiment of what the party has been selling.

The problem seems to be that she’s a true believer and the others were just churching it up and playing the part.

GahLee and justingroves like this.
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She’s borderline brilliant at social media and getting her name out there, but unless she’s going full trump and giving the middle finger to her party she better learn how to be a political animal.

GahLee likes this.
  15. Unimane

Not really. The righties here were trying to sell Obama as a radical, like anyone left of center gets labeled, and the lefties on the board noted how he wasn't. She is, though, pushing this really far left. I'm not unsympathetic to many of her ideas, but I'm always wary of the sanctimonious ones who want it all now.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Compared to how Obama ran his campaign message, to how he tried to govern was pretty radical.

AOC seems to be exactly what she ran as and sells herself as to the public.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This exactly. His campaign message of vilifying the rich and other things of that variety came off very radical. The banking changes he implemented and anti business rhetoric greatly slowed the recovery, but outside of that he wasn’t as far left as his platform.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Obama doesn’t look too bad sometimes when trump won’t shut up. Ha ha

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yes, really.

Obama doesn't have anything to do with it.

What could be more left than open borders, free healthcare, free college or UBI? Because that is what 2020 Dems are running on. She is on board with all of that. She just wants the juice and they aren't going to let her have it, not yet anyway.

20. Unimane

What an idiot.

tvolsfan likes this.