POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I keep going back and forth from being pissed that my wife had been insulted and laughing nonstop at how ludicrous the statement is.

droski likes this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still getting off easier than the people he employed, which according to the article 70 some are still awaiting their hearing, i.e. have been in custody for more than a year already. In other words, 70 years worth of custody and counting. And he gets 18 months.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'm gonna go out on a limb (with no basis for my assumption) and say a large portion of that sentence is associated with wire fraud and tax evasion. At least it is better than the HR guy for another company that got 6 months house arrest.

Until the fines put a big hit to the bottomline and real prison time is no longer just a risk then they are gonna keep hiring illegals and laugh at all the drama. JMO.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dodged 1.3 million dollars in taxes, plus whatever was saved from having 90 or so illegals for who knows how long.

Risk 18 months for 1.3 million... The vast majority of people would take that risk, if not for, you know, respect for the law and morals.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here's a policy idea: are you an illegal immigrant working under the table? Turn in your employer for cash and special consideration for residency. Start putting bounties out for people who know someone hiring illegals, regardless of the reporter's status.

If we are really about the rule of law, dry the demand up.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I wonder why they wouldn't be covered by existing whistleblower laws?

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Illegal entry into the Country, forgery, identity theft... they are hardly the victims.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Wow; those plants are having a Job Fair to replace the illegals. Go figure.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

yep, they got away with exploiting people and now go on about their business until the spotlight is off.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Exploiting criminals; I am heart broken

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They're not "criminals". And, yes, I do feel for them even if there are problems with them working in this situation.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What do you call illegal entry into the Country, forgery, identity theft...?

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You break the law sometimes? Speeding, jaywalking, etc.? Would you call yourself a criminal? To me, someone who is there working a job is not necessarily a "criminal", which has a certain connotation of a type of person.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If I illegally enter a Country, commit fraud, forgery, identify theft then Yes I am a criminal. Lost of people in jail for years for less.

You equate illegally entering a country, forgery, identity theft, fraud, etc... with speeding and jaywalking??? interesting

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is the hiring company not complicit in all of these crimes? hell, how are they not the instigator, ring leader, and crime boss?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What is any more criminal about hiring an illegal than an illegal working then with that logic?

Neither has a victim, unless they're being forced to work there against their will.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are and those that knowingly hired illegals should be punished to the fullest extent of the Law.

Doesn't make the workers criminal activities any less criminal. They knew what they were doing.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are complicit

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have heard nobody on the board argue against that. The disconnect seems to be holding the criminal workers accountable too.