POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ding ding ding ding!

I do somewhat believe Bernie has become more pandering than he was 4 years ago though.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have been saying, have your fun in the Pelosi/Democratic controlled House because Mitch/Republicans will have their fun in the Senate.

Then I was reminded that Justice Roberts will control the trial.

I just heard on the news this morning that any of Justice Roberts rulings can be overturned by a simple majority vote. Sounds like Mitch is really in control.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Bernie is too nice to the party.

He needs to stop calling the people on the stage friend. He needs to attack them and call out Joe and Warren out for what they are.

I don't know how Joe is still running. You can't attack Trump on how he's handled the Ukraine stuff and then just look the other way on Joe and his corruption.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wasn't the same thing being said in 1998? In your opinion, how is this different than then?

5. CardinalVol

1. He's still got the Obama VP aura.
    2. African Americans (see 1)
    3. Still seems as most likely to beat Trump.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Can't rule out how bought out that Obama was with banks and healthcare companies, and they know Joe wouldn't rock the boat.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't Clinton actually commit a crime?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am shocked, shocked I say, to see Tenny has deemed this an unmitigated disaster for the Democrats, who will also face imminent ruin as a political party and philosophy. The only thing I can think of for this [dadgum] idiocy is the reverse psychology concept employed for UT games and he's a secret Democrat. Otherwise, I like this rejection of compromise, as if Republicans have been willing to play ball for McConnell's time as Majority Leader.

I also like this idea of the next Democrat facing impeachment as retribution. I suppose if you willfully ignore all of the obstruction activities of Trump, the actions of Trump in Ukraine (or the bending logic of exonerating him) and the recent determination of a government oversight group which determined Trump's actions illegal, then it makes sense. However, his actions and activities are so blatantly deserving of impeachment, it really shouldn't warrant the predictions of revenge.

9. Unimane

What corruption of Biden's are we referring to?

10. Unimane

Yes, perjury, if memory serves me correctly. The problem I had with Clinton's impeachment was the lying about a BJ had nothing to do with his job as president. Plus, I don't think his "crimes" fell under the threshold of "high crimes and misdemeanors" in relation to impeachment, which is not a criminal trial.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Though at the time I clamored for his impeachment (even though I voted for him his first term); I agree with you.

12. Unimane

I thought him losing his law license was a pretty fair result, even though it was really ceremonial at that point in his life. It wasn't like he was going to return to law practice in Little Rock or anything, but it would serve as a proper rebuke and embarrassment.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It was dumb to impeach him.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And when it doesn't happen, the reason will be "Well, Trump was an outsider. All those folks just stick together. *huff*"

15. fl0at_

Clinton's impeachment was just. He lied to an organized body that was investigating potential abuse of power, of which getting a BJ from an underling absolutely is.

16. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

17. fl0at_

Serious. Every professional ethics philosophy in the world is in agreement that it is unethical and an abuse of power to be in a position of power, and have sexual relationships with those in a less powerful position, that work for you.

And philosophers don't agree about shit.

Volst53 likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Fair. Just couldn't tell from the wording.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Then I will say, Thank God cooler heads prevailed; perhaps we can get back to some normalcy.

20. CardinalVol

Imagine if somehow you got a Biden presidency and GOP controlled house in January. Hoo buddy, we'd be impeaching by Lincoln's b-day.