President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. I'm saying calling it weaponized is hyperbolic. I'm saying the IRS was cracking down on political nonprofits, and at the time the majority of applicants were conservative.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You're alleging that conservative groups weren't specifically targeted for draconian-like reviews by the IRS?

Do you also doubt that the IRS tried to hide this (non)fact from Congress, who investigated and found mountains of irrefutable evidence that this is precisely and intentionally occurred?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It wasn't an executive directive, it was lower employees who used certain key words. Who lost their nonprofit status over this? List them. Connect it to the white house. This would be an impeachable offense. "Prove it." You said weaponized, which implies an intentional fashioning of an instrument to do harm-- there seems to be a lot of blanks you are filling in yourself. Some wrongdoing from lower level nonpolitical civilian employees doesn't make for a weaponized irs.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

#dontfallforthedistractions

#focusonrussia

5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

One day you will pull your head out of your ass and realize Russia is the distraction.

6. JayVols

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Just a note on the IRS targeting, as well. The IRS wasn't targeting conservative groups, necessarily. They were targeting groups who were claiming to be political action groups in order to skirt paying taxes and, at the time, were often using the newly sprouted Tea Party as a cover.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sounds easy to explain. That must be why the people involved exerted their 5th.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Because, despite the intentions, it's still really bad to start targeting based upon "conservative" or "liberal" flags.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know if it is real, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think you whisper reassuringly in China's ear that it is time to evict the Kim Jongs and we will defer to SK and China to discuss what the future of nk will be, but they are going to get a big dose of freedom right now. That mad man and regime has to end. It's an affront to humanity on par with nazis and Stalinist Russia.

14. JayVols

This is where I'm at. If Trump successfully deals with NK, awesome. Will give him all the credit in the world.

15. JayVols

16. JayVols

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/former-trump-security-adviser-flynn-admits-turkey-lobbying

Foreign. Agent. Pay. For. Play. Only not The Clinton Foundation this time.

Have you noticed that many of Trump's most bombastic attacks are turning out to be reflections of himself & his campaign/administration?

Lyin' Hillary- Trump wouldn't know truth if it bit him in the ass.

Little Marco Rubio- Trump extremely sensitive about his small hands.

Pay For Play attacks on Clinton Foundation- Now his lying former Nat Sec Advisor is being forced to go back and file paperwork registering as a foreign agent because he was paid $530,000 by Turkey to lobby for them while he was actively campaigning for Trump . Also, the Army is forcing Flynn to file paperwork for the $50 Large he received at the RT dinner with Putin. Drain that swamp...

That leads me to the last statement:
    "Puppet? I'm not a puppet. You're the puppet." Project much Donald?

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good one. Certainly the reason the head clown was pleading the 5th.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

holy crap. Not while he was campaigning. That's almost like a private citizen. Hell, it's probably worse than the SOS doing it.

19. JayVols

:)

20. JayVols

[youtube]qv7zMJYjEWM[/youtube]