Proposed CFB rule change

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Feb 12, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes. A huddle opens up the play book more than running a scripted, no huddle offense.

And, again, 2 minute drill limits the offense even more because of the situation.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Nick Saban is a whiney little [itch bay] boy. I think Chris Davis is still running, you *****. And a lying sack of dog shit, but we already knew that.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's obvious a 2 minute drill limits the offensive play calling in multiple ways.

Huddle/no huddle has no bearing in terms of "how open" the playbook is. You can call whatever play in you want from either. No huddle doesn't always mean scripted plays.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes. Read the whole conversation, not just the last page.

I'm aware that running a no huddle doesn't always mean scripted plays. I am also aware that looking for signals and lining up in different formations takes time, which allows the defense similar time to line up against those formations.

The only thing we were discussing was the "Auburn Huddle" and how it doesn't allow the defense any time to line up. There are no other examples of that where the offense isn't similarly limited.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Ha, guilty!! My apologies...

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

9. Saban's 3rd straight loss.