PS4 or XBox 1?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LawVol13, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Doubt it. They logic in the machine isn't going to risk locking someone out due to something faulty in their kinect device.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

No one has an issue with it because of the price point that steam offers. Anyone seriously think MS would offer similar great deals? I don't think DRM will ever take over, sure there have been successes with it, but it has failed much more often than instances of success.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Bass -
    The big selling point for the Kinect is that it can sense the slightest movement of a wrist, and can detect heartbeats from those in he room....do you think that this is either happenstance or will be easily circumvented?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

To believe this requires one or more of the following to also be true:

1. You are either entirely unfamiliar or blissfully ignorant as to the modus operandi of Microsoft, or

2. You didn't read their patent application, or

3. You don't understand its many implications.

4. You have seemingly attached a section of your personhood to the XBox brand, and will continue to prefer, purchase and use it, in spite of any evidence which suggests that such may not be the best decision of the options currently available. And that's ok - people like what they like, but it doesn't mean that everyone will be so willing as to make the same error.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

What are you talking about? I never owned the first Xbox. I purchased the ps3 long before the 360 and I have planned to buy the ps4 for awhile. I'm far from an Xbox fan boy. I only migrated to the 360 due to the sheer volume of my friends on the console.

Kinect will not be utilized in a majority of the games I play. The logic in the system is not going to allow a flaw in the motion device to prevent someone from playing when it has no impact on the game you're playing. Same goes with watching Netflix.

6. Microsoft has already said that you can turn the kinect off when you are playing a game, watching a movie or streaming entertainment via an app like Netflix. This is a non issue.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

New AAA titles on Steam are still $60. You're right though Steam offers great deals on older games, Microsoft, and Sony for that matter, really needs to mimic that. Once Steam figures out how to trade digital games, you'll see everyone else follow suit.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

There you go

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You'll be traded around the net for numerous older men, slave.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You can turn it off. But that doesn't mean it stays off.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Movie night, guys. Remember to bring your ninja costumes.

And also learn how to legally die while still being able to receive sensory input. Submerging in cold water tanks, maybe?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What about legally living but unable to receive any sensory input.

Gateway Of The Mind

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ps4 controller is bigger than 360 controller. It's built for adult hands.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Nice they just confirmed twitch streaming with the ps4... So that helps their cause.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

didn't xbox say they were going to have cloud servers for online gaming? so for games like COD you won't be dealing with players from Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Peru like PS players do

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I believe that's what they said and that it would make them dedicated servers. I think the PS4 has a cloud server as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's been a big talking point from MS, but Sony hasn't commented on it too much.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Is the ps4 a big upgrade from the ps3? Son is jockeying for a 4.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

No one knows. It's not released yet.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I see specs have been released. Just wondering.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Xbox has cooler features imo - that are more innovative and progressive.. but some of the stuff they did away with still worries people. And then there's also exlusive titles that people have differing opinions on. Power/specs wise isn't a factor as they both are gonna be close. Still to early to make a good decision either way imo.