PS4 or XBox 1?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LawVol13, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Over a PS3? Yes. It is a seven year technology difference. Though, obviously, the game library will be lacking at the beginning.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Not sure about the Xbone, but with the PS4, you will be able to live lookin to any of your friends games. Like if one of your friends is playing a league game, you can join the game as a spectator.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

"Why play video games when you can watch them instead?" Is that really a selling point for some people?

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

http://www.twitch.tv/

Yes.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

When you are in some league, it's actually cool that you can now see the games played between two other players in your league. Outside of that, it's not really interesting to watch someone play viva piƱata for hours

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Weird, but to each his own. Not going to knock others for enjoying it, but that factors into 0% of my buying decision.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

When you're in a sports league or dynasty, yes.

9. Private Ryan

Private Ryan New Member

I may have ****ed up. I just now got around to preordering the Xbox One and every place I have checked, they are no longer accepting preorders online. Will I be able to go into the store and preorder and pick it up there on the 22nd? It's saying I won't be able to preorder and have one shipped until the 31st of December. I've read that stores will have some consoles for people that didn't preorder, but I imagine it won't be many and it will be a crazy fight to get them. Can anyone tell me what my options are? I'd hate to wait until the new year to have the new console.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Sounds like you're either camping out for a week or waiting till dec 31st.

11. Private Ryan

Private Ryan New Member

12. Private Ryan

Private Ryan New Member

Did any of you here order multiples? I would buy one if you kept the price semi reasonable.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I don't see the need to get right off the bat anyway.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Bearcat but he did it so he could sell em for $2000 a piece.

15. Private Ryan

Private Ryan New Member

I want it reasonably soon after the release because I want to go ahead and start playing Battlefield 4 and Ghosts. I wasn't planning on buying those for my 360.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm pretty pissed that 3rd party headsets won't work for either platform anytime soon after initial launch. So I'll just have a set of Astro a40's sitting in a ****ing box.

Microsoft is talking abut releasing an adapter (that will surely cost upwards of 60$) sometime in the first quarter of 2014, that sounds all kinds of promising. While Sony has also made mention of making 3rd party headsets applicable sometime in 2014 as well.

I'll just stick with the 360.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yeah, I purchased a couple extra as an investment. I am confident that I will at least triple my money on release day when I put them up on eBay.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Sucker born every minute.

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

New feature in the recent software update - PlayStation Share Play:

[video=youtube;ocJeVjGIFfY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocJeVjGIFfY[/video]

I haven't tried it but it's an awesome capability.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That seems like a pretty cool idea.