PS4 or XBox 1?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LawVol13, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Damn, when did that happen?

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The peripherals have to have a special chip installed to work with either one, instead of just the correct software. Meaning if I want to play a racing game properly, I have to shell out 300 plus for a wheel from Thrustmaster. **** that.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

When the next gen systems were released.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I see. I had no intentions of buying either, so I guess it makes sense I missed it.

I'm leaning towards xbone. How necessary is the kinect?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At least now they let you use apps like youtube or netflix without paying Microsoft. That shit really pissed me off.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't even have my Kinect hooked up.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But you said you barely play the xbone. Isn't the kinect necessary for a lot of the features?

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If you want to be able to talk to your xbox to control it you'll need the kinect for all of those features. If it's just for gaming you won't need it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is the share play thing on the PS4 as cool as it sounds? Do they limit how long or how much/often you can use it?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, will prices remain the same, rise, or drop after the holidays? Right now I can get xbone with 2 controllers and assassin's creed unity and black flag. For $329 at Sams. PS4 is $349. If the prices are gonna rise, I'll probably buy now. If they'll remain the same or drop, I may hold off.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The holiday bundles will only be around for the holidays. The regular bundles are 450+.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Damn, so it's buy now or spend an extra hundred bucks? That sucks...

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd get the Xbox at Sams. Two games and an extra controller at that price is a really good deal.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I went ps4 because of MLB the show, basically

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, as far as exclusives go, it basically comes down to MLB the show versus Halo for me. I've never played the show, but everyone says it's a great game. I might enjoy the nostalgia of playing the old Halo games too though.

This is a pretty tough decision. The Xbox seems to have better features, but right now I don't intend to get the kinect, so most of those features don't really matter. That said, I may get it down the road since this will be my console the next however many years. I'm really just not sure which one to go with.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The details in The Show are amazing and it is a great game, but it gets repetitive real quick. I don't think baseball translates to video games as well as other sports.

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I agree with your take on The Show, it's an amazing game both visually and the detail, but after a few weeks the awe of the immersive atmosphere wore off, and I felt like I was playing a very pretty version of the same The Show I played on PS2.

The fact that baseball is 99% timing makes online play a drag. It's an amazing game that isn't that good, odd as that sounds.

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

For you, I'd say the Xbox. The Halo nostalgia is pretty strong now that the problems are been ironed out.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

well okay. Sounds like the Xbox is the one I'll go with. I'm sure I'd love either one though.