Q&A: Donald Trump's 'first attempt to ignore the law

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 10, 2017.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It originated on 4chan back Sept or Oct, sent to a #NeverTrump'er made its way to McCain who gave it to the FBI. The timeline actually works.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then what does he mean by this:

Did it come from 4chan, or did it come from an Intel agency?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Russia stuff started in the summer

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just as the Democrats intended, and exactly as Podesta's leaked emails showed.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

4chan wrote it in the fall but it existed in the summer? Quite a plan.

You referring to the emails trump now acknowledges were hacked by russia/ the russia-hacked emails prove the Russian accusations false?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if this is all the dems, what is the strategy of not leaking it til now? Surely the biased media would have jumped it.

How can you believe your narrative here?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please. I know 100% that his public pronouncements don't match my worldview.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please. I know 100% that his public pronouncements don't match my worldview.

I also know that I want someone with some level of power to be massively skeptical of such a huge business masquerading as science.

10. fl0at_

Because everyone knows having something NOT be a big business is a sure fire way to get talented people to study it... To use your expression: Please.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Science? About the money? Good call.

12. fl0at_

No, no. I get it, you don't want to run your very successful business like a science lab. And you don't want a science lab to run like your very successful business. Great call. Brilliant, even. Again, I say: Please.

13. fl0at_

I'm going to go ahead and flip these lights off since Edison ran his like a business, and made far reaching advances. But it's cool. Let's put more business people over science, so we can claim science and business should be separated.

We'll call it separation of business and science. It'll go perfectly with how we separate church and state.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Of course not. The statement wasn't intended as a 1:1 shared worldview with Trump. On this particular topic no one has any clue as to his views on climate science. He's called it a hoax multiple times and has also made comments suggesting possible merit - he has no clear position on the topic. So, we have a subject where folks must fill in the blank for him. Folks like you and Tenny give him the benefit of the doubt while others go with science denier, and either group could be correct. Being vague and contradictory opens the door for these conflicting interpretations into his position. This isn't limited to Trump, obviously.

Skepticism is healthy and I have no problem with it on this particular topic. When it comes to staffing, however, there's a big difference in skepticism and full-on denial/belief.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How should science be done then?

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No, Trump watching hentai in his pajamas and giving out golden showers was not around during the summer.

17. gcbvol

Imagine the world today benefiting from a completely unfurled Tesla.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are you mad? Death rays and earth quake machines???

Egad, man!

19. fl0at_

I'd rather imagine a world benefited by a completely unfurled Turing. Tesla was at least free.

20. gcbvol

No argument there. I love me some true genius.