Random college football game thread, 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

There has been several refs I would have liked to have knocked out, but didn't.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Oklahoma, as just one example, had a matchup that should have been really good for them. They just sat it out.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cheney headed to pitt.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Arkansas will never pass again

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And they shouldn't

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

At first I thought Oregon would win this game. Now I get a feeling that Ohio State will railroad them.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Some teams simply don't show up for their bowl games. The problem is that it isn't always easy to predict which teams. Bowl games are tricky to bet on.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The problem is partly that it is difficult to quantify which teams aren't going to be that motivated. Sometimes it is a team that had a disappointing season and didn't get the sort of bowl they hoped for, sometimes it is a team that feels like it already has achieved or exceeded it's goals.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Right, when a team gets a disappointing bowl it can go two ways: they can come out in FU mode a la TCU this year, or they can just completely not show up a la Bama v. Oklahoma last year (or against Utah several years ago).

Do they want to be playing this game? It isn't always an easy question.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

LT to Auburn.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Orgeron joining Steele @ LSU

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So apparently Joe Paterno is once again the all time winningest coach in college football history.

14. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I can't figure out if he is a spy for or against Saban. He has gone from Alabama to Tennessee to Alabama to Auburn? Odd choices.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

His reinstatement of wins isn't the only thing he "didn't see."

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Contractor / Double Agent

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

2004!!! The last time we beat Florida. 2015 the drought is over. Now, time for a Tennessee run ...

NSD is little over two weeks away and Jim McElwain has just eight commits (2 enrolled) --- zero 5* and one 4*. A FL recruiting class hasn't been this devoid of talent in two decades. I anticipate he'll have a few last minute commits but worth noting he's losing quite a bit of talent to the draft. Combined with recruiting drop-off could potentially send the program into a decline

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That would ****ing break my heart.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

The odds are better in '15 than they were in '14. No excuse not to come away w/ a victory.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My wish and dream is that come November, the Swamp looks like a deserted building.