POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I thought Trump's candidates failed mostly at their primaries. I swear that is what was talked about. To be honest I didn't really keep up on it so I didn't know either way.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. A lot of Trump candidates won primaries despite being unelectable (or close to it) in a general election. That's why Democrats contributed to a lot of their campaigns during the primaries - to help the Trump candidates win the primary, knowing that it would make things easier for Democrats in the general election.

Trump backed candidates mostly failed in the general election outside of deep red states, which is what makes Trump running for the Presidency such a bad thing. He has enough support within the party to get the nomination, but it has been made abundantly clear, both in 2020 and now in 2022, that he can't win a general election.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are real meat and potato type issues out there and in the Western US that require congressional funding and intervention... and she doesn't show up and they know it. So ya, they'll hold their nose to vote for a democrat if he's going to go to bat for their water issues, for example. It's not that she takes other positions, it is that she is too busy playing the national theater game.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

She is such a loser. She just plays politician to make money because if not she would be bankrupt. She is a person that somehow failed up. I think it finally end next cycle thank God.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pro werewolf? I'm in.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do think a debate is warranted on the subject immediately.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looks like Republicans are not going to waste any time trying to find a way to impeach Biden. Will we ever have a president again that doesn't go through this? It seems it will be the new standard for the party in control of the house. Let's not worry about inflation, healthcare, border security...etc. Just more investigation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...irectly-involved-business-dealings-son-hunter

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

because they are all a bunch of [uck fay]ing egomaniac [itch bay]es. All of em.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pelosi specifically did not want to have impeachment hearings on Trump, despite strong reasons to do so, and resisted for two years until the malfeasance with the Ukraine call became too much to avoid. They could've done it to Trump 10 times over and probably should have after the Mueller Report, even just on the 10 instances of obstruction the report identified.

This one is by a cohort of the Trumpiest GOP House members who exist by kissing the Trump ring or are full blown idiots themselves. The Hunter Biden fanaticism is the same energy of the Benghazi hearings which never seemed to end. However, I don't think this is will of the collective in the GOP and probably won't go anywhere, especially considering the House vote will be tight. These guys simply don't have enough GOP members to along with this dog and pony show.

So, I don't think this is the new norm. This is a reactionary cadre of Trump loyalist who are bitter, looking for revenge, and have a distorted concept of reality. Otherwise, the Democrats have only ever impeached one president, Trump, and he was uniquely bad. I don't foresee them making a habit of this, either.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I dunno, McCarthy is a buffoon, I could see him trying to push it.

13. Unimane

He might try, but there's, at least, a handful of GOP house members from purple areas whose voters showed they aren't particularly interested in the Trump pandering and have different expectations than those of, say, northern Georgia's MTG district. Perhaps if there were the red wave predicted he might be able, but he's got leeway of about 2-3 votes, which is an incredibly tight line to hold.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell guys, we don't know for sure that there isn't some reason to be found. I doubt it, but who [uck fay]ing knows.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Got it. Only justified if one party does it. Other party is just out for blood.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What's another investigation anyways.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I bet Biden gets an impeachment trial in the next 2 years. GOP has been waiting for this opportunity. I will be shocked if they don't cook something up.

18. Unimane

No, what justifies it are the reasons. But, no, you didn't read my post right, either.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Wait; they said that they did not participate in the January 6th commission because the American people want them to focus on the things that affect their life (i.e., high gas prices, high interest rates, jobs, securing the border, etc.). I am shocked

I also never understood how they got away with that excuse. It is like there were saying, "The Republican Party is too stupid to multi-task."

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's hard to overstate how big of a failure these midterms were for the GOP and how big of a failure it will continue to be when they lose the next Presidential election. The playbook was very simple - don't be [uck fay]ing crazy.

Biden has had historically low approval ratings, and nobody can stand Harris either. Democrats have been praying for him to just get out of the way in 2024, but he sounds like he plans to run again. It couldn't be teed up any better for Republicans, but they just can't stop being [uck fay]ing crazy. So sure, they should impeach him. That'll be what wins it for them.