Randy's Rants - Confederate Flags

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jun 21, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Are you like one of the urban dictionary authors?

2. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

So, someone tried to take the flag down at the state capital in Columbia today?

3. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

@ChadMillsWIS check his timeline.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. Reminds me of the Catholic lady who wrecked the Satanic Church's display in a courthouse. Just silly theatrics that actually hurt their cause. Though I suspect this person will get in more trouble than the Catholic lady, due to bias.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

If I use my mom's surname: CSA = 14,849 USa -=18729
    Make a nice army. Did not look up sailors.
    as

6. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

120 possible relatives in the confederate army, direct relative in the 4th Calvary tn regiment, union. It was really cool seeing his info pop up

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Using that search, my dad's surname provides 162 confederates and 30 union soldiers. I noticed that my great, great, great grandfather was listed at least twice on the confederate search. He served in the Georgia infantry, 8th battalion before being captured and released at Chattanooga.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Union-3,196
    Confederate-1,295

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Agreed; she just selfishly hurt her cause by riling up some redneck legislators, "Who does she think she is coming in from another State and trying to tell us what to do. etc."

[itch bay] could wait a couple of weeks and let it happen legislatively.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Union - 1,874
    Confederate - 756

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Confederate Flag Parade - Wait for it..

[video=youtube;gHElzaKkmQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHElzaKkmQY[/video]

12. OrangeEmpire

The storm trooper helmet / stars and bars combo is classy

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Catch the pic going around facebook the past few weeks of the millennium falcon with a rebel flag รก la the general lee? I don't know which is funnier.

14. OrangeEmpire

Another classy pic

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That. Was. Awesome.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

BTW, my opinion, without regard to the op, is that this whole flag issue at large is an example of elected officials and certain others in the public eye participating in opportunistic politics to placate one uninformed group while pissing off another uninformed group in order to appear as though something has been done.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

And now you're qualified to run for president. You just need special interests to donate a couple of millions to your campaign

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We've had the know nothing party. I'd want to run as a do nothing candidate.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would rather have a "do nothing" politician over most we have had lately. At least less damage would be done.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree. None are doing enough. We need major changes to avoid sliding into corporate slavery.