Real Estate Team Name

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't like the back porch name.

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Honestly, at least for the next 10 days at least the name is not set in stone. Many of these logos can be used no matter what name we pick. That Back Porch Group name was ran by several people and while it didn't blow anyone away it was unoffensive enough and enough people said they liked the concept where we felt comfortable with trying to go that route. If I were in a bigger city it would have been Alpha Omega slam dunk finished. With the backlash though I had to change the strategy.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Removing all the extra pictures

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cannot tell you why, but I really like this one.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like this one, probably more than any thus far. Has a very homey feel.

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I appreciate the feedback I've received on here about the logo. The contest was extended a week and runs through this weekend. Here are a few more logos out of the lot that I thought were worthy of at least throwing out here for discussion. I've had now over 400 total submissions.

Also, any suggestions for how to get the name out there to people in the community? We already do the online advertising through Zillow, Trulia, etc. And now that I am going to be directing the marketing efforts we are going to have a bigger presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. But I'm talking about in the community itself. We are going to sponsor 4 county high school teams in Greene County by putting billboards out for football/basketball. I am also going to be advertising for Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett high school Friday night football. We are going to be on Greeneville radio as well as Rogersville radio. Any other suggestions? We aren't spending an arm and a leg here but just want people to think of us when buying or selling and want to show that we care about our communities too. I figure sponsoring the high school football would be one way and some radio advertisements but are there other ways you can suggest?

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

if you're gonna be called the back porch group, keep the rocker in some form.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

#1, no contest.

10. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

#3 but without the slogan, imo.

Edit: the 3rd pic

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

If you are going to sponsor high school football, how about sponsor a "Player of the Game" on offense and defense? Gives people another chance to remember your name after the game is over.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or sponsor a gay nightclub. The back porch: That special place together beyond the back door.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've sponsored an outfield sign for my local little league that my kids will join. It was pretty cheap like $250. can't say I've gotten any business from it, but i'm not currently involved and the people don't know me yet. I would do something you will be involved in and be seen at. good for people to know what you do and put a name with the face.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

1 is good, but lose the period.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah we've done the same with a few local teams for a few years. Its more a gift than anything for us.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

most don't have the dog. I'd put it in there. for some reason, it makes it look like home.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I like 2 and 5.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I like option 2.

Also, if you go with the tag line "Memories that last a lifetime" I'd consider changing it to remove "that". Perhaps "Memories lasting/spanning a lifetime". It generally helps flow and clarity when we keep "that" out of sentences. It's not grammatically incorrect, just a bit clunky in my opinion.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

hehehe...number 2.