Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jun 2, 2013.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Eh didnt want him anyway

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well that was out of the blue.

3. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Honestly, why the heck wouldn't he?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Picking Tennessee over Louisville would have been a bad sign for his academic eligibility.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My thoughts exactly, honestly. Hard to turn down an offer from the defending national champion.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not really. Hubbs chose UT over Duke and he qualified.

7. PoochPunt3rdDown

Pitino can get away with anything, ANYTHING. Look at his past, professionally and personally. I guarantee you a paper-filled, papersack had a ton to do with the apparent hasty commitment.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wait til Robert Hubbs meets him at mid court.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

NCAA Hoops is rife with problems if this nature, but why in the hell would you assume this deal, at this point in time, is sketchy. Louisville just housed the NCAA on fairly limited talent. I have to assume high school kids view Pitino as a demigod at a minimum.

Sketchy would have been a commit to UT this early.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Exactly. I would play for Pitino over Cuonzo anyday of the week.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Racist.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jalen Lindsey to...Providence?

13. hatvol96

Cooley has been wearing it out since he got that job.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

How big of a priority was he? Because, wow.

15. hatvol96

I don't think UT ever thought they were getting Lindsey. Nothing to be concerned about.

16. PoochPunt3rdDown

I tried to get caught up on '14 recruiting last weekend. Couldn't make any sense of it. Is it me or do our options seem limited and the overall outlook bleak on that front?

17. hatvol96

Not sure how it's bleak. UT leads for McCormick and London, both who will be at least in the 100-150 range when rankings come out after the summer tournaments, and they're still very much in the fight for Kevin Looney, Charles Hurt, and Devin Mitchell. They've already got two top 100 caliber players committed. Sounds alright to me, for now.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Supposedly in the top 3-5 for LeRon Black out of Memphis as well. Not sure that I see them having that great of a chance there, but he did mention them as recruiting them hard the other day in a interview with Rob Lewis.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Have watched London in HS ball a couple times. Wouldn't have guessed Division 1 offers, let alone Top 150. Not that he was bad, he just didn't really stand out from a skill/performance standpoint. Looked kind of fish out of water in the post, which would fit with the growth spurt narrative. I seem to recall another recent 4-star guy that had a late growth spurt. Swatterman or something like that. Wonder how that turned out.

Should be noted, however, that I have zero skill as a talent evaluator, and that I wasn't particularly focusing on London since it was before any major recruiting interest (of which I was aware).

Oh, right. Stealerlad.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We really need dominant kid in this class (top 50) but don't think we get one.