Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jun 2, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Travis Ford wins both. Tony LaRussa isn't far behind.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Interesting. Norv Turner tops my lists of biggest pricks I have encountered.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I've never understood his appeal.

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

My encounter with him was while I was interning in the NFL and he was an Asst at Miami. Following the encounter, I was told by a staff member of the team I was with that he was known around the league as a [Penis].

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rod Delmonico for me followed closely by Urban

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

brother worked in the admin office at UTM up until a couple of months ago. Delmonico was a finalist for their baseball job. Basically he wanted to do it for free as a **** you to UT.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I could see both being miserable pricks.

On the flip side, Jeff Fisher, Bruce Pearl, and Jim Tressel were all very pleasant.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Bruce, GOAT.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never been around Tressel, but Fisher is a good guy. Pearl never seemed to have an off switch and was constantly selling when I was around

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've heard from several that Fisher is a great guy.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Never met the guy, but I know a few people who wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He walked in the first day that we reported as interns. It was just prior to training camp. He strolled into the room in wearing a polo, khaki shorts, and boat shoes with his glasses hanging by a sunglass retainer. It was frat guy meets laid back west coast guy. There were 5 of us interns in the room. He shakes each of our hands, asked our names and where we are from. He then says welcome followed by: "Don't take this personal, but there is no way that I will remember your names. I hope you guys enjoy camp and learn something. My only rule is to not interrupt my practice or run over any of my players with the gators." He was so laid back about it and personally I appreciated him just saying on the front end that there was no way he would remember your name....although we all knew that was not going to happen anyway.

The D-Line coach on the other hand was an old crotchety dude. Everyday he would seek out 2-3 people and just cuss them out for the hell of it. One day I was driving the gator and he was looking for someone to go off on. He starts screaming to watch out for his lineman although they were no where close to the path of the gator....I just sped up and he promptly turned towards a rookie or a intern manager and took it out on them...

Those were some good times....it happened to be the year that Haynesworth was a rookie.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've heard Haynesworth got into some serious tussles while on the UT practice field.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thoroughly enjoyed this post, thanks.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I can tell you for a fact that he Titans were a bit on edge during his rookie year about his attitude. I remember them approaching me at the beginning of camp and telling me that they expected him to be a loose cannon at some point. Although I went to UT and worked in the AD, I had only met him 1-2 times max and neither time was much more than a cordial greeting. They were like, if isn gets real, we are going to need to you to be the one to calm him down or try to reason with him........ The whole time, I am like you do realize that the only thing we have in common is that we both went to UT and you seriously expect me to try to calm this dude down if he starts going bananas?....lol...luckily he was pretty tame while I was there.....

I got to know him a little better during camp...he was always really nice to me.....I do remember him getting into an argument one day with a TE from Texas Tech over how loud the music was that TN would pipe in over the practice field before away games......The TT guy did not believe him..it was quite funny watching them argue over something so trivial.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i never met haynesworth or anything and i could be totally off but from what i've heard about him it always seemed to me he wasn't necessarily a bad dude all the time, but he would just blow a gasket and go bananas on occasion

17. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

That's what I've heard, too. He was cool for 90 percent of the time, but would get his money's worth out of his 10 percent crazy spells.