Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jun 2, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If Thompson proves he can play, it doesn't bother me. That would mean they have enough on the perimeter. The priority now is finding some size.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd be ok with that. Looney would be nice but I just don't see any way he chooses UT.

3. hatvol96

UT is legit in the race. I think he would have already eliminated them if they weren't. They are the outlier.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Mitchell committed to the Bammers.

5. hatvol96

UT will get an official visit from Leron Black.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Wow. Love to get this kid. What do you consider the chances to be?

7. hatvol96

Hard player to predict. He's seemed headed to two or three different places at various points. Getting on of the five officials at least indicates UT has a shot. It would be a surprise, but not as big as it would have been two months ago.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think it was Gary Parrish who made a comment on the radio about a month ago that said he thought in the end, Memphis would be hard to beat out for Black. He is typically pretty good info when it comes to Memphis kids.

Also, speaking of Memphis kids....the two Lawson brothers who are both top 20 kids in their age groups (a rising JR and a rising So) are two that I hope Martin and Co do not waste too much time on....from everything that I have heard, short of Pastner dropping a racial slur, they are heading to Memphis.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

We should cut holes in the floor and recruit midgets!

10. hatvol96

Looks like Hurt is likely to go elsewhere. Starting to think Turman and London will be the other two bigs we sign. That would make it a very good class. Add Looney or Black in one of those slots and it becomes great.

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Leron Black is down to Illinois, Baylor, Indiana, and UT.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Interesting... really thought Black would at least keep Memphis around if anything for more than to keep their fans at bay from harassment.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just say no to Baylor

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Local recruiting guy in Memphis says that Illinois is the team to beat....he can be a little off at times but he is pretty tied to Black's HS.

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

C.J. Turman, 6'9" top 150 PF from GA just committed.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just saw that too. Very nice

18. hatvol96

Martin has put together the kind of class he needed to replenish the roster for '14-'15. Now, he can focus on trying to hit big on Looney or Black.

19. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Martin has built a more than solid class for 2014. That said, this class will be elite with either Looney or Black.

20. hatvol96

Black to Illinois. Looks like Looney and Adonys Henriquez are the final two fall targets left on the board.