Rogue One

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Dec 23, 2016.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Never liked. Daniel Day Lewis anything, other than Gangs of New York.

The stories he gets involved in are boring as hell. Slow. Drawn out. Boring.

I don't know more than maybe 15 actors names, so I've never had problems noticing an actor.

I just notice stories.

2. fl0at_

Remember that one line in Harry Potter Book 2 that was so bad? Said no one ever.

Yet if it's a movie...

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've said that about other books. Always thought Tom Clancy had cheesy, unrealistic dialogue.

4. fl0at_

Can't remember a single line from any Tom Clancy book. But I could tell you the story of Rainbow Six.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd argue the greater crime is the 400 pages of useless text every book and I enjoy Clancy novels.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can't remember any lines either, but I remember reading Patriot Games and thinking the dialogue seemed corny.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're just going to disagree on this. I can think of plenty of corny lines in books I've read. And it has put me off enough not to read them more than once.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The corny, melodramatic dialogue in Episode 3 made it more difficult for me to enjoy what I considered to be a pretty solid story.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too. I kind of envy the ability to look past it.

11. fl0at_

You guys are missing a lot by focusing on the minutia. There is a quote about that. Forrest and trees and all that.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is that the part where he's saving all the soldiers in the jungle?

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not a fan.