RUMOR: Butch Punched Mack Crowder in the face

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SGMVols, Oct 4, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm surprised he stayed that long

2. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I rarely listen to postgame interviews, or anything involving Bob Kesling, but I happened to catch Josh Dobbs' interview with Tim Priest. I guess he was just frustrated, but with the wording he used, he seemed different than normal.

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

SteelerVol's Avatar SteelerVol (2,020)
    10:48 PM Today ( Report! )

Originally Posted by orange parmejohn:
    Is Steeler Vol standing by his story? He is def not one to spin tales.
    To be clear. .. this isn't my story.
    I said that what was being reported wasn't a rumor. If it blows over. ..
    So be it. If it doesn't. ..too bad.
    It happened. Not some shouting match.
    Not some cussing fest. Hell, I'm thinking we've all been cussed in
    sports.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Found these two this morning

Originally Posted by Tenacguy50 View Post
    I do know parents of a walk on player and they have told me on at least 3 occasions that CBJ would be exposed and the players hated CBJ. I have posted this twice in other threads talking about CBJ. They also told me that was the reason behind some of the transfers. TIFWIW but I've known these people a long time and they love TN football.

Edit: the walk on has since quit the team.

You've got no reason to call out this poster like this. I've heard the same kind of stuff from two sources, a parent and a letterman. Until recently I chose to overlook it because I thought Butch had us on the right track. Not anymore...looks like there is more than smoke on this one.
    Last edited by 'Boro-vol; Today at 06:03 AM..

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What's your take OV?

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Until Crowder, his family or a direct eyewitness (or several) come forward, and bring it to the media, University or public, this is a non-story.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

From my days, I do know that things happened that were covered up inside and never surfaced. We didn't have the web for things to come out. IF Crowders family were to come out and make a charge, along with the witnesses, it would be disastrous for the University from a publicity standpoint. My gut tells me its true but I hope deep inside that it isn't.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No one is going to come forward, for probably various reasons.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It could carry some weight in private if needed. If it's true there will only be more smoke from this as the losses keep rolling in. At some point, I can see university's hand being forced, but we're a long, long way from seeing that.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

So there is something else working behind the scenes?

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It wouldn't require someone to come forward publicly.

But I get the desire to let it lie, too, and for sure.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

But if it does come out and there was any attempt to cover it up, the story becomes a nastier one. The media culture today is quite aggressive towards a story like that. Ugly PR. Better for the UTAD to fess up than cover up.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

let it lie and botch go away quietly. Hart can say he let him go over the unacceptable level of performance. Hire Gruden. Next.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Players get suspended for 'violation of team rules' all the time. It's all that's said and the team moves on sans suspended player. Can we not fire a coach for the same?

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

we can, but we don't want that as press. If it's true, just push Botch to leave over it with a small, quiet payout and pretend it's about performance. I'm not saying ignore it. I'm saying keep it private and push it to the hilt behind closed doors.

I don't care what we use to get rid of this guy and his merry band of idiots. I just want them out of Knoxville.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Agreed.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Thirded

19. Jabari Davis on the Basilio show this morning saying he was removed from the field before the game Saturday by a security guard. He said he was told he was "blocking a tunnel," had his name tag on and a VFL t-shirt with his name and number on back.

Also said many older players were seated at the top of the stadium Saturday night, had problems even finding/getting to their seats.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fourtheded.