Rumors That Heads Are Gonna Roll Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Well we're officially screwed. You're only as good as your 4th QB.

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Usually don't pay much attention to Tony B, but his blog this morning is strikingly similar to some of the stuff that has been posted here.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Random side note as to add to reasons to hate Craig James -

If Leach isn't fired in Lubbock, is Tubs head man here now?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No thanks, I was crying enough watching him put up 250 yards in quarter 1.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Other well-respected media members are corroborating that Hart wasn't exactly pleased with Saturday's performance. In addition, the volume and duration of the criticism has surprised a lot of people over on the Hill. This person still thinks there is no shot he loses his job.

6. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

No heads roll

No doomsday

worst SEC loss record in team history carries no price.

just more water on the bamboo..

shame.

7. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Well, there's a chance that we might have a D-Line next year. That's slightly exciting.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good question.

I know the hate for Auburn is strong on the 8th; however, I have been around Tubbs quite a bit. He has always been a very fun and courteous guy to be around. I would have liked to seen him here. Guy isn't a terrible coach imo. Would be a major upgrade from what we have now.

Tubbs had an amazing stable of running backs all at 1 time- Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Brandon Jacobs. After our running game fiasco, I would welcome a guy that could assemble all that talent on 1 team......

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Our entire defense is going to be down right nasty before too long assuming Wilcox/Sirmon stay and we get who we're supposed to.

10. JayVols

No wonder we find ourselves bogged down in a quagmire if they are surprised that people are highly pissed after the fiasco that was this past football season. Are those folks living in a bubble on the corner of Fantasy Land Dr and Delusional Blvd?

Looks like the malcontents are going to have to decend on Knoxville and give extravagant, empurpuled testimony about the level of the outrage. Occupy Neyland! Power to the people.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'll believe it when I see it. I know we had some bad luck with injuries, but there were times where it looked like we were playing without a secondary.

Also, I'm skeptical that the JUCO guys will all be as good as advertised.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm sure a certain level of anger and loss of faith is expected after a season like that. Especially since it ended with us losing to a Kentucky team that we had absolutely no business losing to. The surprise is probably more to do with quite frankly what the thought process of this board and certain media seems to be - The UT Football program is a chaotic mess starting from the coaches down to the players and is a sinking ship. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion and my reaction to that is one of surprise. Most of the talk and speculation this post season has been based on nothing concrete, rather it's been rumors and people trying their best to connect the dots on what the hell is going on. Granted, Dooley does not have a successful history as a HC and has had some head scratching moments while being here. There's no denying that. Anyone in their right mind would be crazy to believe Dooley has shown that he can and will right the ship and get us back on track in any other area than recruiting. Not that it matters (and I know I'm in the minority in my thinking here) but to me Dooley needs at least another year before I can honestly say he's in over his head and cannot be successful here. People are quick to forget/dismiss the mess that he assumed control over and downplay that as if it doesn't have any relevance to what is going on right now. Well, it does whether you want to admit it or not. That's not to excuse all the WTF moments Dooley has had but it is an undeniable fact that it certainly plays into the product we have seen on the field. I know we live in a world where instant success is expected but it cannot always be achieved. People's expectations have got to be reasonable. Before I get my flame retardant suit out of the closet - I've said it multiple times on here and I'll say it again I don't know if Dooley is the guy or not. Him being here two years and me still questioning that has me doubting his abilities until I take a step back, look at the big picture, and remember what he walked in to. That's why I continue to say I'll wait until next year to pass judgement.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I thought Wilcox did as good as he possibly could this year given the situation. Playing 2 true freshmen and a CB at safety will do that to a secondary. As far as the JUCO guys go, we'll just have to wait and see. I personally believe they will all be starting day one.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You may be right, but I feel like expecting 3 first year players to be SEC caliber starters is still a tall order.

As far as the secondary, I understand youth and inexperience causing mistakes, but there were games where I honestly wasn't sure where they were.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  15. JayVols

I respect your opinion. I totally disagree with it, but I respect it. I don't need to get kicked in the balls 3 times for me to know that it's going to hurt. Dooley's performances thus far have been a perverbial kick in the balls to me. There's 2 things the last 2 years have shown me beyond the shadow of a doubt is that he's God-awful in respect to coaching the game and managing players.

1st Bold: If expecting to see improvement from week to week (not winning 8 games) is unreasonable, color me guilty. I had no delusions that we were going to be world beaters. I did expect to compete at a much higher level than we did. Our wins were against patsies (and 1 loss) while our losses were examples of complete ineptitude resulting in defeats by HUGE margins that are literally unprecedented. If the expectations were to be able to run a few plays a game without cleating ourselves, then mission accomplished.

2nd Bold: It's his job to improve that situation. He is getting (if not mistaken) $2.4 million to do that. He should be arrested for stealing from the university every time a direct deposit goes in the bank. In many instances, he is exacerbating the already bad situation he inherited by his hubris and incompetence.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I appreciate it. I know my opinion is not fashionable so to speak right now but it's the way I see things. Believe it or not I do share the same beliefs, concerns, and complaints as most of you but with one difference - I'm not so quick to pull the trigger on him just yet. I keep trying to reiterate that b/c I don't want you guys getting the wrong idea. I'm not trying to take up for the guy, I just think he deserves a fair shake at being successful.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will take the "shake" of 2.4 million for 2 years to show any kind of chops in my field, any day. Principally, a coach is a leader. Ask yourself, is Dooley a leader? Does it take 3 years to start leading?

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Me too. Unfortunately we seem to be in the wrong field. As for Dooley being a leader, I think he is. Is he the type of leader we need to get this program where it needs to be? TBD in my opinion...

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a problem.

People are finally starting to realize you get what you pay for. Programs aren't great just because. It takes a lot of money and commitment from a lot of people. The fanbase is sick of seeing Alabama break the chain of sorry coaches by ponying up and paying for the best. Ohio State had a winning, national champion caliber coach quit/get fired before this season due to NCAA heat. Does the program take a step back? No, they go out and hire Urban Meyer. Texas A&M gets fed up of Mike Sherman. Is a buyout in the way? No. They canned him and are moving on.

It took Phil Fulmer going 10 years without a conference title and having 2 losing seasons in 4 years to get fired. Tennessee went out and hired a mercenary coach and got scorned. Instead of realizing that some of the fault lies in the athletic department for not locking the coach in to a contract that scares off the highest bidder, they think the coach should be loyal to a school. Those days are gone.

The fans are tired of watching a mediocre product. Instead of fixing the problem, the AD and the BOT got scared and hired a guy with no credentials. This is the result.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be tweaked into a blog.